PDA

View Full Version : Deadlift Periodization Template

Kenny Powers
06-14-2009, 02:34 PM
Really simple question here. I am trying to find a periodization template for deadlift. Basic, simple linear periodization. Right now the only one i can find is the coan peaking template which i will use if i have to but id like to see what my other options are.

Even a template with just percentages and rep ranges associated with the percentages would be great. Im still somewhat of a novice to powerlifting so i do not believe i am smart enough to come up with my own linear periodization model.

If anyone can point me in the right direction that would be great.

robchris
06-14-2009, 03:35 PM
Kenny,

There are excellent articles right here @ wanna be big... Just search the article section.

Also, check out texaspowerscene.com They have very basic PL'ing rountines w/ CAT calculator & % which is very conveniant. Just plug in your current 1RM and hit calculate.

Good luck Bro,
RC

Virtron
06-14-2009, 03:59 PM
I used the Ed Coan one last year and I went from 265 to 315 doing the sumo deadlift. I stopped working out for 5 months and I just started it again recently. I have faith in it. It works well man.

Edit: I'm doing the conventional DL now, because sumo hurt my hips a lot.

Kenny Powers
06-14-2009, 04:18 PM
Kenny,

There are excellent articles right here @ wanna be big... Just search the article section.

Also, check out texaspowerscene.com They have very basic PL'ing rountines w/ CAT calculator & % which is very conveniant. Just plug in your current 1RM and hit calculate.

Good luck Bro,
RC

thanks, ill take a look. i have everything else setup as well as assistance work, im just trying to find a template for the deadlift since i have everything else (bench, squat, MP periodization).

thanks for the tip though, i think i checked every other place except the links at the top LOL