PDA

View Full Version : can I have an example

FootballLifter
06-14-2009, 08:13 PM
of a day of a high protein low carb diet

I was told this will help me gain muscle while staying lean?

I am 16.
5'9".
173 pounds.

Any help?

edit: Maybe I am asking the wrong question?

I don't know where to start with trying to make a new diet?
The %'s of fats,protein,carbs
What foods to eat?

icnelly
06-14-2009, 10:54 PM
What's your goal: fitness, strength, maintain/gain/lose weight?

Check this site for types of foods: Whfoods (http://www.whfoods.com/foodstoc.php).

tom183
06-15-2009, 12:01 AM
I was told this will help me gain muscle while staying lean?

This is dependent on what you eat, how much you eat and your activity levels. Not merely the ratio of protein to carbs.

Skelator03
06-15-2009, 12:03 PM
Lift big eat a lot and drink your protein you will be good!

blownby
06-15-2009, 12:04 PM
If your 16 and have the structure you do, then High protein low carb diet isn't for you.......

You are an active kid.....you need carbs. If you eat oatmeal vs lucky charms you will stay lean and grow right. Eat pastas, veggies & whole food & carbs sources and you'll be fine. Also eat 6-7 times a day. That will do you figure more good than worrying about low carbs.

Just eat healthy and get about ~225g of protein, broken between 6-7 meals, with 3-4 of those meals adding green veggies and drink a gallon of water and workout hard and you'll be damn close to whatever your goals are....

a little info on your specific goals will help fine tne things more as well.

FootballLifter
06-15-2009, 03:11 PM
If your 16 and have the structure you do, then High protein low carb diet isn't for you.......

You are an active kid.....you need carbs. If you eat oatmeal vs lucky charms you will stay lean and grow right. Eat pastas, veggies & whole food & carbs sources and you'll be fine. Also eat 6-7 times a day. That will do you figure more good than worrying about low carbs.

Just eat healthy and get about ~225g of protein, broken between 6-7 meals, with 3-4 of those meals adding green veggies and drink a gallon of water and workout hard and you'll be damn close to whatever your goals are....

I am trying to slowly gain more lean muscle weight.
My main goal right now is 190 over the next few months.
I know that my unhealthy eating is my main inhibitor.
I have always had a bad diet. So now I don't know where to start. I have asked about it on here before, but with different goals/situation than now.
edit: I am also trying to be more cut in my abs and back.(this is more of an experiment because I have never been really defined)

joey54
06-15-2009, 04:51 PM

Very good advice. You need your carbs right now op.

FootballLifter
06-15-2009, 05:32 PM
Is what you said still right for me after I said my goals?

I'd think so?

Thanks everyone.

joey54
06-15-2009, 07:52 PM
Is what you said still right for me after I said my goals?

I'd think so?

Thanks everyone.

What he said certainly is. If you are trying to gain weight, you are going to have to deal with the abs becoming a little blurred. Fat gain can be minimized by slowly adding calories. Remember, it is much tougher to gain weight in the summer too. I am shocked by all the football players wanting to gain weight now. The season will be here before you know it. The best time to gain weight is in the winter. Right now your focus should be on increasing strength and your conditioning. Dont' get too caught up with weight now either. It will come. If you can play, you will play.

FootballLifter
06-15-2009, 10:05 PM
What he said certainly is. If you are trying to gain weight, you are going to have to deal with the abs becoming a little blurred. Fat gain can be minimized by slowly adding calories. Remember, it is much tougher to gain weight in the summer too. I am shocked by all the football players wanting to gain weight now. The season will be here before you know it. The best time to gain weight is in the winter. Right now your focus should be on increasing strength and your conditioning. Dont' get too caught up with weight now either. It will come. If you can play, you will play.

I have been gaining weight slowly since the end of the previous season. Just desperate to do as much as I can over the summer. Thanks I will follow all of your advice.

I have been eating about 3000 calories of whatever I want for awhile.

I used to fitday to put together a sample day in my new diet.

For now it is 3507 calories, 28% fats, 34% protein, 38% carbs. Approximately.

I'll just slowly add calories and train my hardest.

blownby
06-16-2009, 09:21 AM
I am trying to slowly gain more lean muscle weight.
My main goal right now is 190 over the next few months.
I know that my unhealthy eating is my main inhibitor.
I have always had a bad diet.
edit: I am also trying to be more cut in my abs and back.(this is more of an experiment because I have never been really defined)

ratio's are somewhat pointless if the quality of them are crap. If you have goals and wine about your diet, but don't want to change it.....why? So many say i want to gain muscle and have abs...yet still eat as they always did and drink beers or whatnot. Take the advice you get and use it. Or don't expect different results than what you have now.

Fat that comes from whole milk, whole eggs, red meat, and nuts will be good for you. Carbs from whole grains, pasta's, oats, grits, potatoes (red or white) yams, brown rice. Protein from eggs, Tuna, chicken, steak, pork, ground beef. Broccoli, green beans, asparagus, spinach, corn even.....oh yeah and fruits!

Eat tons of the above broken into 3-4 complete meals and add 2 protein shakes a day, train hard: and i bet you gain weight and probably lean out a bit. Don't make it some complicated. stick with like 40% protein, 40% carbs & 20% fat and you'll be fine.