PDA

View Full Version : Ok, so I got around to ordering Dextrose...

Mr. Mustard
06-15-2009, 12:59 PM
It will be here in a few days but I have a question about it. I am currently on a minor cut right now. I'm 6'2 177lbs. Plan on my first real bulk in September. (Can't Wait) I have read various things about serving size. Would 50g be too much or too little to go along with a protein shake of 50g?

-Also-

I workout first thing in the mornings and used to eat eggs and toast right after to go along with my protein shake. I recently learned that isn't a good idea. Is it ok to eat the eggs 45-hour after I take the PWO shake? I can't go to work on just a shake in my belly.

Mr. Mustard
06-16-2009, 10:22 AM
bump

Southern Beast
06-16-2009, 12:12 PM
I apologize for not answering the question, but can I ask if there's any particular reason why you're cutting? I'm also 6'2", and I feel extremely thin at any weight below 180. Why wait until September to bulk?

Mr. Mustard
06-16-2009, 12:58 PM
It's beach season! It isn't so much that I am cutting. I am more on a maintence right now while trying to burn some fat. Just trying to get the abs out a bit and then really start shoveling food in my throat come Sept.

Holto
06-16-2009, 03:22 PM
It will be here in a few days but I have a question about it. I am currently on a minor cut right now. I'm 6'2 177lbs. Plan on my first real bulk in September. (Can't Wait) I have read various things about serving size. Would 50g be too much or too little to go along with a protein shake of 50g?

I tend to take more dex when cutting. You're super depleted and can generally absorb it. I'd go about 75...I've gone as high as 200 and loved it...

I workout first thing in the mornings and used to eat eggs and toast right after to go along with my protein shake. I recently learned that isn't a good idea. Is it ok to eat the eggs 45-hour after I take the PWO shake? I can't go to work on just a shake in my belly.

Please explain the bolded part....

The only reason I would delay breakfast is if it makes it easier to get to lunch. I'm not aware of any scientifically sound reasons to delay it.

Joe Black
06-17-2009, 01:08 AM
I think you're thinking about this too much. :)

50 grams is fine post workout - in fact 50g carbs, 40-50g protein is a decent post workout formula.

I don't see anything wrong with having breakfast and a shake after your workout. You could just have the shake and then breakfast 45 mins after or just have breakfast after and then a shake 45 mins later. It's not all that important, what is important that straight after your workout and then about an hour after also you give your body the right nutrients.

Mr. Mustard
06-17-2009, 11:08 AM
Oh ok. Thanks guys. No, I read on some thread on here somewhere that eating eggs and toast and stuff with fat is a no no for consumption PWO. I got the dex yesterday and today was my first day with it. I did 50g dex 50g protein. i used a scale. Good thing i did. I had no idea dex was so much more dense than whey.

Notorious
06-17-2009, 11:44 AM
BTW, I think 1 regular scoop of protein is around 45g of dextrose. But measuring it by weight would work too.

Holto
06-17-2009, 01:13 PM
Curious, can you measure dex by weight like Mr. Mustard did? Is that accurate?

How much do you suppose 75 grams of dextrose weighs?

The absolutely most accurate method of measuring is weighing.