PDA

View Full Version : Post Workout drink for evening?

FREAKZILLA
06-15-2009, 05:12 PM
I used to workout everyday around 11 am, and immediately after my workout I would consume my PW,no problem. Recent events in my schedule have pushed my workout to 10 in the evening and I was wondering what I should do post workout? and should I still include a post meal or can I just drink a shake before bed?

help would be greatly appreciated.

Mercuryblade
06-15-2009, 05:45 PM
There's no reason why you couldn't just drink a shake before bed after yout workout. If you are bulking just make sure you are getting enough calories in that shake (peanut butter is very helpful for this).

joey54
06-15-2009, 06:52 PM
Keep it the same as before.

Skalami
06-16-2009, 07:32 AM
would mixing a whey protein and one of those caseinate protein powders in the shake be a bad idea? I think it would be good if you still get the whey fast absorption and the casein slow absorption but im wondering if the casein will slow down the whole mess.

Peanut butter would be good too but if your worried about fat gaining just use a tiny amount.

Malice
06-16-2009, 08:07 AM
ive been thinking about this recently, I dont work out especially late but I have my evening meal before I go usually, then after the gym (around 8:30pm) I have my shake and this is the last thing ill have that day. Should I be eating more before bed? Im trying to lose weight..

Optimum08
06-16-2009, 09:36 AM
ive been thinking about this recently, I dont work out especially late but I have my evening meal before I go usually, then after the gym (around 8:30pm) I have my shake and this is the last thing ill have that day. Should I be eating more before bed? Im trying to lose weight..

If you're trying to lose weight, why would eating more be something you'd want to do? If your current diet has you losing weight then keep it, if not then cut the calories some more.

To the OP: Keep it the same.