PDA

View Full Version : First time dieter (sp?)

RykardMaximus
04-17-2001, 02:47 PM
Hi all

I am new to dieting, I pretty much eat what I want when I want. I have been making slow gains from the training but wish to speed this up a bit through a better diet.
I am trying to find a sample diet, that I can base my own on, that gives food examples etc. If anyone can help or point me in the direction of a book or url that would be great.
I am looking to lose fat, gain definition while still building/strengthening the nuscles. Tall order huh? I would settle for losing some fat.
As far as I have read so far my diet should consist of 10-15% fats,30-35% protein and 50-60% carbs. Is this correct? What should I start with as a baseline for the number of calories I should be consuming per day?
Hope you can help

RM

Joe Black
04-19-2001, 05:14 PM
Hey..

I am still learning with the dieting thing but I can show you my diet so you can base perhaps one from it..

Mine is roughly 3500 cals with over 360 protein, about 300/320 carbs and 80 or so fat...

Meal 1

6 eggs (3 white, 3 whole)
90 grams of oats with some milk

Meal 2

NLARGE Weight gainer

Meal 3, 4 and 5

200 grams of chicken
90 grams fo oats with some milk
veggies
30 grams of nuts

Meal 6

2 scoops of whey
3 bananas
nuts

This are all clean foods pretty much.. I alternate the oats with brown rice and try and get in a good 4 litres of water per day at least.......

Hope that helps..

Also look at Gino's just posted diet.. :D

http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1286

RykardMaximus
04-20-2001, 09:05 AM
Thanks for that Hulk.

I will print those off and have a look.

I am still really looking for something that will tell me what my basic calorie intake should be roughly. I don't digest wheat easily so need to stay off bread as much as I can, any ideas for an ideal substitute? What do you guys/gals do about taking food to work etc, what do you take, how do you store, how do you prepare the food.

Sorry for all the questions but I think I need to supplement all the gym time with a decent diet.

Cheers

RM