PDA

View Full Version : Deadlift video from today

Erik 23
06-15-2009, 11:12 PM
Since everyone was recommending Band deadlifts i thought id just post a video of some band deadlifts weight is 585 lbs out of lowest pin in the rack and i used the iron woody monster mini bands.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLdxtS_Qm2g&feature=channel_page

mosley1990
06-16-2009, 09:44 AM
Lookin strong!

douglasoh5
06-16-2009, 12:21 PM
strong lifting man...but if your going to do deads against bands you should quad them...double mini or monster minis dont really give **** for tension for pulling doubled

Lones Green
06-16-2009, 01:18 PM
strong lifting man...but if your going to do deads against bands you should quad them...double mini or monster minis dont really give **** for tension for pulling doubled

Quaded mini's are serious tension. They'll do wonders for your dead

Brian Hopper
06-16-2009, 01:30 PM
That looked Strong!!!

Travis Bell
06-16-2009, 01:40 PM
Quaded mini's are serious tension. They'll do wonders for your dead

Gotta agree, Lou always quads them when pulling out of the rack

Erik 23
06-16-2009, 03:05 PM
Gotta agree, Lou always quads them when pulling out of the rack

Thanx guys Travis do you know how much a quad band would be like say mini and monster mini I didnt know you guys quadrupled them ill do this next time.

Travis Bell
06-16-2009, 03:17 PM
I'm not sure. We measured it one time, but I've forgotten.

LOL you won't pull 585 though with quaded monster minis.

Chris Mason is a mid 600 puller and I think he pulled 455 with the quaded minis

Erik 23
06-16-2009, 03:21 PM

Thanx man lol i might not be able to get that i should be good for ionno maybe 495 550 though ill try it next week.

chris mason
06-16-2009, 03:44 PM

Hey! I pulled 545 lbs with quad minis and just lost 700 lbs at the top due to a torn to **** thumb callous. I am improving! :)

chris mason
06-16-2009, 03:45 PM
Eric, one thing, you hitched again on that set. When you can't pull it with correct form, then don't pull it. I don't think you realize what a habit you are creating.

Chris

thewicked
06-16-2009, 03:49 PM
Eric, one thing, you hitched again on that set. When you can't pull it with correct form, then don't pull it. I don't think you realize what a habit you are creating.

Chris

YEEP and it's a HAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD one to break too once you start it.. lockout work heavy enough to get the job done but not so heavy that constitutes the "hip pressing" will definately help.

Erik 23
06-16-2009, 08:10 PM

Chris

Chris i really didnt think i hitched all that much on this one that is why i posted this just to show im working on my form But i respect your opinion Maybe ill go down in weight and increase the band tension ill see what i get with good form next week.

SGT ROCK
06-16-2009, 08:27 PM
Two things of note, you hitched, you are leaning back too far. Per the rulebook, you have to be ERECT, you dont have to exaggerate the lockout bro. Try wearing a singlet which will cut down on the bar hanging up on you, which could aleviate the hitch to some degree. Your looking strong bro.

Semper Fi

Erik 23
06-16-2009, 08:37 PM
Two things of note, you hitched, you are leaning back too far. Per the rulebook, you have to be ERECT, you dont have to exaggerate the lockout bro. Try wearing a singlet which will cut down on the bar hanging up on you, which could aleviate the hitch to some degree. Your looking strong bro.

Semper Fi

ok thanx sgt rock ill have to order a singlet if you think thatll help ill do that i didnt know leaning back was considered a hitch its kinda just a habit.Thanx again for the tips.

SGT ROCK
06-16-2009, 10:08 PM
ok thanx sgt rock ill have to order a singlet if you think thatll help ill do that i didnt know leaning back was considered a hitch its kinda just a habit.Thanx again for the tips.

You misunderstood me bro, leaning back in itself isnt a hitch. A hitch is the bar moving up, down, then up, or using the legs to "brace" the bar as you inch it up, a hitch is usually obvious. Leaning too far back wastes energy and can cause you to unlock your knees to a large degree, which IS an infraction.

Semper Fi

Erik 23
06-16-2009, 10:26 PM
You misunderstood me bro, leaning back in itself isnt a hitch. A hitch is the bar moving up, down, then up, or using the legs to "brace" the bar as you inch it up, a hitch is usually obvious. Leaning too far back wastes energy and can cause you to unlock your knees to a large degree, which IS an infraction.

Semper Fi

Ok i see what you mean thanx again Sgt Rock im still working on it.

Lones Green
06-17-2009, 09:40 AM
Thanx man lol i might not be able to get that i should be good for ionno maybe 495 550 though ill try it next week.

You'll be surprised haha

Beefcaker
06-18-2009, 02:06 AM
Why the straps? I think straps make it hard to drop the weight the instant you need to. Just wondering

Erik 23
06-18-2009, 05:00 AM
You'll be surprised haha
I can beleive it

Why the straps? I think straps make it hard to drop the weight the instant you need to. Just wondering

I could have done this without them just been using them awhile for deads i dont think it makes it that much harder trust me i dropped heavy weight with straps lol.

vdizenzo
06-18-2009, 08:18 AM
Very strong no doubt. Work on the form and lose the straps.

Erik 23
06-18-2009, 08:25 PM
Very strong no doubt. Work on the form and lose the straps.

Thanx Vin i appreciate that.my Form is still a work in progress.