PDA

View Full Version : best way to go?

slashkills
06-16-2009, 08:37 AM
Ok, im trying to lose some weight. Here is my story, ive been working out for football 4 times a week since january. Football camps just started about a week ago. I already got injured(not my fault) and will unfortunately probably miss most of the season. So i decided while i cant workout im going to try and drop some weight. I know that im going to get weaker the next couple months since i cant workout due to my shoulder injury so i decided now is the best time to lose weight.

Im 5' 8"
weight:150lbs

Average diet
meal 1:cereal w/ vitamin D milk or breakfast sandwich with egg,cheese,sausage, pancakes, atlarge results and multi vitamin

Meal 2:protein bar or shake

Meal 3:sandwhich with whitebread,turkey or ham, lettuce, tomato, onion or a few slices of pepperoni pizza

Meal 4: cheeseburger or chicken with baked potato

Meal 5: protein shake but i skip it most of the time

questions
#1) I will lose some strength the next few months since i cant workout and trying to lose weight probably wont help. What is the best way for me to get my abs to show again without losing to much strength? Im thinking about dropping calories by 20% from my maintnance. is that ok?

#2)where should my other nutrients be? IE: fats,carbs, proteins. Ive read that protein should still be 1g per body pound and same for carbs. Is this true?

#3)Bad carbs/good carbs, what are some examples?

Thanks a ton for all the help. I know im going to lose strength doing this but ive been bothered by my chubbiness for a while and would like to do something about it. What is the best way to go about it? Again i know this is pretty basic stuff for some you but im about as sharp as a marble.