PDA

View Full Version : Best protein mix

[DX]Galland
04-18-2002, 01:56 PM
I'm looking into hitting the gym hard this summer and I was wondering what protein mixes are good.. I want a high protein, calorie mix, low sugar and low sodium. Also would there be anything wrong in getting a 25lb pale of that stuff or would it go bad??

//{DX}-Galland

millertime
04-18-2002, 03:26 PM
Any type of whey protein would be good. Just find one you like the task of. Whey protein isolates are better then concentrate, but they both are good.

I would find a flavor I like before investing in 25lbs of the stuff.

Shankerr
04-18-2002, 03:35 PM
I like the vanilla flavour SciFit isolate. Not the most high tech stuff on the market, but it tastes good, mixes very well, and from what I see, it works too!!

Try it in a glass of milk though, with water it tastes kinda nastified. Also, don't buy the chocolate version, it is terrible, if you want chocolate, buy the vanilla flavour, and add a touch of cocoa.

It has been my experience to stay away from stuff like GNC black tub protein mix. from what I have read, it costs half as much, but you use more than twice as much to get an equal benefit. it tastes like as* and it doesn't mix well ;-)

I also used to like ProLab whey!

Check out a few and come to your own conclusion, just make sure to read the contentss first, and compare the nutritional values before you buy!

Hope this helps

Shane

millertime
04-18-2002, 03:41 PM
I like the black tub protein mix; you have to mix it with a hand blender because it does mix like sh1t.

Two scoop of the chocolate powder in a glass filled with 1% milk taste great.

Shao-LiN
04-19-2002, 01:28 PM
I use Met-Rx Protein Plus myself...mainly because it was sitting in Trader Joe's while I was shopping. Tastes great.