PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Breakfast Meals

Optimum08
06-17-2009, 11:01 AM
I know there have been threads like this before, but I am looking for suggestions and advice on my breakfast.

Currently, I'm cutting on a low-carb kick. Basically the only time i ingest carbs is fruit Pre-WO (grapes and strawberries usually) and PWO (shake with dex+protein+creatine) and in my PWO meal (brown rice).

My breakfast is pretty small currently: 3 whole eggs, scrambled with a little EVOO and some fish oil caplets.

I know oatmeal is great and that breakfast is usually a place where you can ingest anything, but anyone have any ideas about some good low-carb, low-cal meats for breakfast? Would oatmeal be okay seeing as i'm almost zero carbs throughout the day except for around the workout?

Unreal
06-17-2009, 11:57 AM
Cottage cheese, yogurt, whey. Mix and match.

JSully
06-17-2009, 12:19 PM
4 whole eggs, 4 slices turkey breast, 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese = 1 large yummy omelette..

SMK41
06-17-2009, 03:49 PM
I'm doing a carb cycling diet right now but I always keep my breakfast low carb. I do 3-4 eggs (egg beaters, so basically it's like eating egg whites). I usually rip up a piece or 2 of deli ham and throw it in with the eggs and top it off with some hot sauce.

Btw hot sauce might be the best condiment ever invented. It's delicious and is ~0 cal, 0 fat, 0 carbs. The only thing bad about it is the sodium.

Optimum08
06-18-2009, 06:48 AM
i'm thinking about throwing in some turkey bacon (a serving) into the breakfast, and maybe using 2 whole eggs and like 2 eggs worth of egg beaters.

bagz5769
06-22-2009, 08:27 PM
Yea finding healthy meals is hard. I like eggs and oatmeal.

Detard
06-22-2009, 09:39 PM
Usually a 600cal shake, then i'll shower and get ready, then make something like grilled cheese or a turkey sandwich. I find it tough to get a solid meal in right away, so the shake helps get my stomach into gear, then I get some solid foods in.

Sidior
06-22-2009, 09:45 PM
My first meal of the day is always
-4 scoops whey
-2 cups 1% milk

viru87
06-23-2009, 05:54 AM
According to me, weight loss diets don't work in long term for majority of the people. We cut our food intake after taking advice from any dietician. But that is not proper way to diet. Eating in moderation and eating healthy is what always works. Eat only when you are really hungry and can't wait. Hope this will help you.

Optimum08
06-23-2009, 06:52 AM
According to me, weight loss diets don't work in long term for majority of the people. We cut our food intake after taking advice from any dietician. But that is not proper way to diet. Eating in moderation and eating healthy is what always works. Eat only when you are really hungry and can't wait. Hope this will help you.

Didn't help at all.

I've modified the breakfast to this:

2 scoops protein + 5g. Leucine
2 whole eggs
4 fish oil capsules

All in all, keeps me satiated for a while and is only about 450 cals.

Kameron
07-23-2009, 01:01 AM
Hi,

You can try Buckwheat pasta, Pomegranates, Beans, Oatmeal, Olive Oil, Green tea are some of them. Pomegranate seeds are loaded with folate and disease-fighting antioxidants. They're low in calories and high in fiber, so they satisfy your sweet tooth without ruining your healthy weight loss efforts.

Optimum08
07-23-2009, 08:36 AM
Jesus, so many trolls on the board now.

ThePacManDJ
07-26-2009, 09:46 PM
Microwave 4 egg whites in small bowl, put them on a toasted whole grain english muffin, add cheese and turkey slices and you are good to go.

XMadmanX
07-26-2009, 11:42 PM
eggs prepared in different ways always go down a treat for breakfast.

platypus
07-27-2009, 12:45 AM
i've always been a fan of omelettes...and they're cheap enough to be a staple in my college budget.