PDA

View Full Version : Protein Intake during cut, yikes!

bahnboy
06-18-2009, 11:58 AM
Does this sound about right? I've been on a cut for about a month now and I'm doing quite well, consistently losing around 2lbs a week (starting AM cardio to possibly amp this up a bit). I was just doing a few calculations and realized I am only taking in about 181 grams of protein per day.

I managed to find a Bodybuilding.com calculator and it recommended for me, 316 grams of protein :omg:. I can't even figure out how to stuff this much into me during a cut. During a bulk is a different story.

Here's my typical day.

Meal 1 - Oatmeal, 5-6 Eggs
Meal 2 - Grilled Chicken, Sweet potatoes
Meal 3 - Grilled Chicken, Salad
Meal 4 - Lean Meat, Vegetables
Pre Workout Shake
Post Workout Shake
Meal 5 - Lean Meat

During my day I eat Grape Fruit, Almonds, sometimes Peanut Butter. I'm 5' 10" 211lbs btw.

Holto
06-18-2009, 12:41 PM
180 is a lot...

Unless you're well over 250lbs...

What are your stats?

Optimum08
06-18-2009, 12:46 PM
On a cut, i tend to aim towards getting 1g. protein/1 lb. of bodyweight, so you really aren't that far off.

If this caloric level has you losing weight at a level that you're comfortable with, then my suggestion would be to drop some carb cals and try to add in another protein shake at some point during the day. Again, this really isn't needed, but if you want to hit that specified protein level, this is what i would recommend.

Cirino83
06-18-2009, 01:39 PM
I would aim for atleast 1g/lb at the very least. I'd say add in another protein shake with water ~25 grams or 50 depending how many scoops. On a cut I try to ALWAYS keep protein high. If I personally were you I'd be taking in ~225+ a day

bahnboy
06-18-2009, 01:50 PM
I'm 5'10 211, BF currently quite high in the 20's right now, not for long!

I had a feeling 300+ would be way to high on a cut, just wasn't sure.

225grams huh, that should be possible. Adding another shake isn't a bad idea.

Unreal
06-18-2009, 02:32 PM
I aim for 200-220 and I weight ~200. As for losing more then 2lbs a week, I would not try to do that. If what your doing now is working stick to it. When you stall out then add the morning cardio.

bahnboy
06-19-2009, 09:19 AM
Yeah thanks for the input, I'm actually in the processing of adding in a morning Jump roper workout in the A.M.

MissAbs
06-20-2009, 07:07 PM
You might have to much fat in the diet, with pb, 5-6 eggs if you they are whole. Do you have a good break down of the macros. The basic's are there, I think it is when and how much extra fats are going in the diet without you even realizing it.
Try for a few days to write it down and count the macros then post it. It seems like it can be an easy fix.
MA