PDA

View Full Version : The people you train with that just...

Fuzzy
06-19-2009, 07:30 AM
Turn you into a babyslayer.

I think anyone training in a proper strength conducive environment with other strong guys will always have the one guy that can just push them like no other.

This person in particular front squats (raw and atg) 600 and back squats 660. A very Australian guy he has a particular way of saying 'come on Firas-ko' that is guarenteed to get a 20 pound PB out of me atleast. I just don't know why... just makes me mad.

Who are yours?

Brian C
06-19-2009, 10:13 AM
Hatebreed...I get mad at everything when I put them on. (I lift solo)

Pete22
06-19-2009, 10:20 AM
Hatebreed...I get mad at everything when I put them on. (I lift solo)

x2. I lift alone too so it's usually a certain song or part of a song that gets me pretty jacked up. Although my dad was at my last meet, and he's not really involved in my lifting, but hearing his voice screaming at me helped me lock out a bench attempt that just stalled.

Ben Moore
06-19-2009, 10:23 AM
It's a combination of competition with training partners and past people I've trained with in my head that get me going. I'm not a mad lifter, but I don't like to lose.

Lones Green
06-19-2009, 10:27 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v309/xshewastragedyx/n52700284_31964946_6381818.jpg

His name is Brent Tracey. He trained at Westside under Louie Simmons, and gives off the same vibe as Lou. He's a 198er but looks like he weighs at least 250 lbs. He rides a Harley and is covered in tattoos. Totaled 2000 at 198. I've seen some of the most impressive feats of strength I've ever witness come out of him, including a 525 squat + 4 blue bands in loose briefs. The man has no tissue left in his shoulders and still benches. I could go on and on.

He has a way of insulting me in the gym that sets me off. He sits on the GHR and haggles me, haha. At meets I can hardly lift without him behind me talking, reminding me of what I need to do. His voice is the only one I hear because its so familiar. He's done wonders for my form and all 3 of my lifts.

fulldaddy
06-19-2009, 10:29 AM
My IPOD is my motivator. Although recently I was being a candyass during a heavy squat workout and I noticed this kid in a wheel chair wheeling himself from machine to machine - hoping on each one and doing the best he could. That inspired the hell out of me. I was pissed at myself for being a douche.

Off Road
06-19-2009, 11:05 AM
I lift alone too (with no music). My journal is my motivation.

getting there
06-19-2009, 11:26 AM
I lift alone as well. My motivation comes from wanting to move the most weight I physically can and my ipod. I've never had a training partner per se but at my old gym there was another powerlifter and when our schedules permitted we would lift together. I have to say that those workouts were always intense, pushing each other to lift more. Wish I knew what gym he decided to go to after the one we were at closed up shop.

Clifford Gillmore
06-19-2009, 01:48 PM
Hahahahahahaha.... I just keep picturing an giant Ipod bitchslapping your asses before you bench... HAAAAAAAAHH!

chris mason
06-19-2009, 03:18 PM
I do a pretty good of motivating myself, but I will say that when I visit Westside I want to impress Louie so I definitely muster a little extra.

Brian C
06-19-2009, 03:59 PM
Hahahahahahaha.... I just keep picturing an giant Ipod bitchslapping your asses before you bench... HAAAAAAAAHH!

Hahaha THAT'S some funny stuff

Tim K
06-19-2009, 04:07 PM
I normally lift alone and while I could get myself going there were some days I would just wuss out. Now I'm lifting with my younger brother. Nothing, and I mean nothing, gets you as motivated as sibling rivalry. We are always in competition with each other and it has improved both of our lifts. While I'm more advanced than he is, we continually bag on each other for max weights and/or repetitions. It is always a good time.

Erik 23
06-19-2009, 04:15 PM
People who motivate me the most our 2 good friends of mine Nick Winters and Ed coan.Seeing the stuff they do in the gym is just amazing to me there isnt any music really that pumps them up its all inner intensity and i try my best to emulate that.I owe where im at today to these 2 guys and lots and lots of powerlifting usa reading. and of course hours of louie simmons material lol.

Rob Luyando
06-19-2009, 04:27 PM
Yeah I have had a couple over the years. Tony Runde was a 181/198er with super intesity always made me work harder. Jeremy Frey another intense moterh ****er was also awesome to train with.

Morgan McPherson
06-19-2009, 05:00 PM
Crazy Kenny, from Ohio. He is beyond intense, he is reckless. Our other workout partner and I think that he is going to get us kicked out. Always worried he is going to fight someone for not putting back their weights :tuttut:. He just talks s*** to you and sometimes he hits you, out of nowhere. I will be lying on the bench and he will sometimes slap me in the ribs and say "stay tight". Like any good workout partner he pisses me off and motivates me. You will be doing something and he will start saying "you f***ing cheater". I don't know why, but that always works for me.

d0rkyd00d
06-19-2009, 05:05 PM
Tony Robbins.

sexysuperspy
06-19-2009, 05:09 PM
Tony Robbins is awesome, he's on my Twitter list and always has great words of wisdom! My motivation is certain music that makes me in state of mind to be the hottest I can be to get back to where I was and be even better! I have that picture in my head and make myself do the last 2....even when sometimes I don't feel like it!!!