PDA

View Full Version : We are so ahead of the curve

vdizenzo
06-20-2009, 09:04 PM
I'm watching the Ultimate Fighter Finale and they are showing a fighter going through training and of course he's beching chains and dragging a sled. We are so cool they have to keep us underground.

Travis Bell
06-20-2009, 09:37 PM
haha kinda sucked that he lost though

Wilks was just too fast

Oddly enough though, Lou has been working with some mma fighters for strength and conditioning.

joey54
06-20-2009, 10:27 PM
Matt Hughes does crossfit!

Ben Moore
06-20-2009, 11:00 PM

LOL:evillaugh:

fulldaddy
06-20-2009, 11:22 PM

Crossfit can be pretty wicked but maybe Matt Hughes should try powerlifting. :clown:

Lones Green
06-21-2009, 07:59 AM
I'm watching the Ultimate Fighter Finale and they are showing a fighter going through training and of course he's beching chains and dragging a sled. We are so cool they have to keep us underground.

I saw this, then I saw the Mendy commercial haha

slashkills
06-21-2009, 10:04 AM
haha kinda sucked that he lost though

Wilks was just too fast

Oddly enough though, Lou has been working with some mma fighters for strength and conditioning.

How does he modify westside for an mma fighter. I really like westside and i think its done a lot for me. So i want to keep following westside even though i will be starting mma classes in the fall.

Pete22
06-21-2009, 10:25 AM
I saw something on tv a while back about Dwight Howard's (Orlando Magic) training; he was doing board presses and benching with chains. Cool to see from an NBA player.

Rob Luyando
06-21-2009, 10:39 AM
I was more impressed with they gymnast harley comercial then Mendy's aint no way in hell he locked that out. Cables pulled it up for him.

DrDudley-Robey
06-21-2009, 11:12 AM
I think Matt Hughes may have powerlifted at one point. During one of the UFC shows they here talking about him before his find and they said he had a 400lb bench. I do not know if this is true or TV though

fulldaddy
06-21-2009, 11:28 AM
I think you are right. That might have been back when he was winning fights.

I have seen that UFC special several times when they followed Rich Franklin through his nasty workout. It is fun to see different disciplines train.

=Travis=
06-21-2009, 11:42 AM
I was more impressed with they gymnast harley comercial then Mendy's aint no way in hell he locked that out. Cables pulled it up for him.

Yeah we watched the gymnist one a few times, just kept backing it up and watching again and again ...

Travis Bell
06-21-2009, 12:25 PM
How does he modify westside for an mma fighter. I really like westside and i think its done a lot for me. So i want to keep following westside even though i will be starting mma classes in the fall.

Someone at your level would be best served to work on your technique rather than try and manage that sorta set up

Xellarz
06-21-2009, 12:49 PM
I think Matt Hughes may have powerlifted at one point. During one of the UFC shows they here talking about him before his find and they said he had a 400lb bench. I do not know if this is true or TV though

I thought Hughes on his forum stated that he hadn't gone heavy on bench in a long time and had never gone over 315.