PDA

View Full Version : First Time for everything.........

Rob Luyando
06-21-2009, 03:27 PM
Well I have witnessed guys puke after a heavy squat work out and I have weitenssed guys puke after a heavy deadlift work out. But yesterday was the first time I ever witnessed a guy puke during a bench work out. And no the guy wasn't sick. Hell I have even **** during a workout but puked?

I hosted another kick ass training session yesterday having guys from all over IL and Ia show up. I think we had 15 guys and ran two benches. I don't have air conditioning in the gym so we had the doors and windows open and a large blower fan going to try to keep the air moving.

Matt Hobmeier loking strong as ever took a 885 2brd and smoked it so easy that the hand off guys thought he was going to take a 2nd rep. Matt ended up holding the weight at lock out for about 10 seconds before I asked they guys if they were gonna rack it any time soon. We all laughed including Matt. Static holds can be a bitch Matt laughed it off and the next thing I knew he was blowing chunks in my yard.

Someone tossed Matt a couple bottles of water and he said he was done. I said f that take a breather and your going again. Matt ended up taking another 885 set and a 945 set and crushed them both.

My 2nd shirt workout in 8 months was fun. Still a little rusty but worked upto a solid 860. My CNS and joints weren't ready for that. Ice is my friend right now.

I will keep you all posted on July training date.

barbell01
06-21-2009, 04:38 PM
can't wait to see you put up some giant PR's rob! how bout that new shirt of yours?

Eric Downey
06-21-2009, 04:45 PM
Good work rob

TankofZenzenBB
06-21-2009, 08:46 PM
This was a great experience for me. I hit a big time pr, 605x1 off a 1 board, i had a lot more in me, but i was pooped from the heat. I think I lost about 10 pounds in water weight.

DrDudley-Robey
06-22-2009, 10:55 AM
Have everyone chip in a few bucks and try a portable swamp cooler, I have one in my garage - Get one you can fill with ice and cold water, they work well and they sell them at home depot cheap!

Rob Luyando
06-22-2009, 01:57 PM
What the **** you want me to cater to training partners. Hell no if you can't take the heat stay home. I'm all about getting strong not pampering premadonas

mastermonster
06-22-2009, 02:12 PM
Hard core Rob! Yeah!!!

Hazerboy
06-22-2009, 02:27 PM
what the **** you want me to cater to training partners. Hell no if you can't take the heat stay home. I'm all about getting strong not pampering premadonas

lawl

vdizenzo
06-22-2009, 03:29 PM
I saw the title and thought it was going to be about you and Paul. I always knew where the tension came from. I guess that will come out some other time.

Clifford Gillmore
06-22-2009, 03:44 PM
i saw the title and thought it was going to be about you and paul. I always knew where the tension came from. I guess that will come out some other time.

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

Rob Luyando
06-22-2009, 05:26 PM
No tension between Bencher8 and I we just love to disagree for sake of argument. After all he is the best hand off guy I know.

bencher8
06-22-2009, 06:34 PM
Look at Vin trying to start something.......hey vin, I jumped on a 36" box today...

Im gonna go up to Robs and see if I can puke while benching too.....sounds cool lol

vdizenzo
06-22-2009, 07:23 PM
Look at Vin trying to start something.......hey vin, I jumped on a 36" box today...

Im gonna go up to Robs and see if I can puke while benching too.....sounds cool lol

Clearly you two did not get the joke. Anyway you should jump on a 36" box, aren't you like 7' tall and under 290.

Ron C
06-23-2009, 08:36 AM
FIRST TIME for everything!! I got it Vin.

no regrets
06-24-2009, 06:25 PM
That sounds awesome. Did you guys videotape this session? I thought I remember a videotaped session in someone's garage from a while back with a bunch of different lifters but never was able to find the video again on the internet.

Ryano
06-24-2009, 07:12 PM
Even with the heat, it was a GREAT lifting atmosphere. Just alot of iron moving motivation. I'm looking forward to Rob & Pauls seminar, along with their "no holds barred" cage match after. LOL