PDA

View Full Version : Diet Question

cj95
06-22-2009, 01:42 PM
Not sure if this is the right forum but I will ask anyways.

Im 5 10, 165 pounds, and have been lifting for about 4 months. Just started SS last month, and noticing results in how much more weight I can lift and the size of my arms. Everything in this department is looking great and I couldnt be happier.

However my body is not in the shape I would like it to be. I have been doing ab workouts, including the p90x and has gotten little results. Basically my question is, I would love to get bigger but my abs are still covered by fat.

Should I eat more? Eat less? Or juss workout my abs as much as possible? Right now my diet consists of alot meats, eggs, vegetables, rarely do I touch take out or greasy food.

Any help out there? Thanks alot guys and sorry if this topic has been repeated, I am a "newbie".

Thanks for your time.

Mercuryblade
06-22-2009, 01:47 PM
Few things:
You need to figure out what your maintenance level of calories is.
You need to get at least 1g/lb bodyweight per day, ideally split this up over a few meals to aid in digestion (don't try and take in 100g at once).
You can't spot reduce and your body loses weight in the reverse order you gained it, so that means the fat on your belly is going to be the last to go, the only way to get rid of the belly fat is to lose more weight.

Track your foods on
See how many calories you consume in a day, and adjust accordingly.

Unreal
06-22-2009, 02:20 PM
Choose one or the other. Focus on getting abs and trying to maintain what muscle you have, or getting bigger and lifting heavier weights.

cj95
06-22-2009, 02:35 PM
so im guessing I should continue the ab exercises and weightlifting but shred some calories?

viru87
06-23-2009, 05:43 AM
According to US department of health and human services it stated that if you are working out 5 days a week 2 hours and 30 minutes workout a week is more than sufficient. Moderate workouts are good for health. As they say, The lesser the better. According to me eat healthy food full of nutrients, that is very important.

tom183
06-23-2009, 06:01 AM
so im guessing I should continue the ab exercises and weightlifting but shred some calories?

If your goal is to have visible abs, then yes.