PDA

View Full Version : 500 Raw bench at Metal Militia Power Wars

danmac
06-22-2009, 06:40 PM
So i went to the Metal Militia Power Wars. I didn't compete, just there to help out Curd who was lifting in there raw division. Anyway he opened with a nice 501 lb bench. The 3rd highest bench overall i believe (including multiply lifters!).

Xdplnbaljzo

He missed his following attempts, but they were damn close. He had been hitting PRs the previous week and may have peeked a bit early, as this meet was a last minute thing.

On a side note, Al Mehan competed there. He totaled something like 2525 after hitting a 1014 lb squat! Crazy thing i had ever seen close up.

mosley1990
06-22-2009, 06:59 PM
That was so easy. Great job.

danmac
06-22-2009, 07:04 PM
That was so easy. Great job.

Crazy eh. I have seen him hit way more than this in the gym. Strong guy, hes helping me out with my training big time. I have put over 30 lbs on my max in the less than three months i have been training with him.

mosley1990
06-22-2009, 07:06 PM
Crazy eh. I have seen him hit way more than this in the gym. Strong guy, hes helping me out with my training big time. I have put over 30 lbs on my max in the less than three months i have been training with him.

It's great to be around guys like that.

Detard
06-22-2009, 07:06 PM
Thats awesome. Congrats to Al too on hitting a huge squat. A few weeks ago he missed 1010 I think at CPO nationals. A couple of my training partners were at that meet.

danmac
06-22-2009, 07:11 PM
Thats awesome. Congrats to Al too on hitting a huge squat. A few weeks ago he missed 1010 I think at CPO nationals. A couple of my training partners were at that meet.

Yeah i guess thats why he came to this one to compete. It was crazy, i have never seen someone get so jacked up for a lift like he did. I think he went through a whole bottle of nose torque and probably 30 smelling salt packets.

Yeah, you train with Clint right (not stalking you, just put it together with gym photo thread). I met him there as well.

Ben Moore
06-22-2009, 09:19 PM
Wow, that was a quick 500!

danmac
06-22-2009, 09:23 PM
Wow, that was a quick 500!

Haha yeah he doubled it the week before as a demo at a smaller meet that i competed at (his company sponsored it). This meet had some bad timing for him, he set a huge PR the week before, then that double a few days later, then got wind of this meet and went. I would have liked to see him hit a 550 or so raw, i know its there, i have seen it!

chrisa1
06-23-2009, 08:05 AM
I opened a couple people before him, and it was amazing to see a lift like that look so easy. And as always Al was a total freak to watch in action. Great job to both.

P.s. Dan, when you gonna be back Monday nights?

Detard
06-23-2009, 08:30 AM
I opened a couple people before him, and it was amazing to see a lift like that look so easy. And as always Al was a total freak to watch in action. Great job to both.

P.s. Dan, when you gonna be back Monday nights?

Hey chris hows it goin. These past 2 weeks have been crazy for me. I had girlfriends prom on thursday, and a job interview last monday, me and my dad are building a walkway, so i had to stick around and help last night. I'll be there thursday for deads though. I'm trying to get my raw bench up, so i'm gonna stick to thursdays for a while I think.