PDA

View Full Version : Mini band Deadlift from today

Erik 23
06-22-2009, 09:51 PM
Here is video from today as you all hopefully can see im working on my form big time correcting the hitching while still using decent weights.

This was out of the rack i figured the rack and the bands will really strengthen my lock out as thats my weak point.

Bands also are quadrupled,as Travis bell told me thats what louie has them do when in the rack so thats how i set it up here also.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJ0d3P20SYw&feature=channel_page

gatorman2k6
06-22-2009, 09:55 PM
I'll leave it to the experts to critique, but it looked much better than your other vids. Keep up the good work man, because I can see how hard you are trying to correct your form.

slashkills
06-23-2009, 10:02 PM
Not bad. I would say try and arch your back more and maybe sink your hips a little more, it looked like they came up before the lift.Looked good though, strong lift.

BigTallOx
06-23-2009, 10:12 PM
Obviously, a very strong lift.

Not bad. I would say try and arch your back more and maybe sink your hips a little more

I agree with that ( which is also something I'm working on too ).

Any particular reason you're wearing the straps? IMHO, straps mean it's not really a deadlift, since deadlift, to me anyway, implies having enough grip strength to hold the weight.

Also, in my federation anyway, you don't need to lean soo far backward at the top, standing upright and locking your knees/hips so you're straight/vertical is enough, but I guess leaning back like that doesn't hurt.

Erik 23
06-24-2009, 02:19 AM
I'll leave it to the experts to critique, but it looked much better than your other vids. Keep up the good work man, because I can see how hard you are trying to correct your form.
Hey thanx man,yeah i am working on my form,im gonna be working up in weight with bands probally the next few weeks as long as i keep good form.

Not bad. I would say try and arch your back more and maybe sink your hips a little more, it looked like they came up before the lift.Looked good though, strong lift.
Thanx slashkills i have to work on getting and keeping my hips down a little more.Thanx for the advice.

Obviously, a very strong lift.

I agree with that ( which is also something I'm working on too ).

Any particular reason you're wearing the straps? IMHO, straps mean it's not really a deadlift, since deadlift, to me anyway, implies having enough grip strength to hold the weight.

Also, in my federation anyway, you don't need to lean soo far backward at the top, standing upright and locking your knees/hips so you're straight/vertical is enough, but I guess leaning back like that doesn't hurt.

Hey thanx Big Tall Ox ive just been using the straps for training but i can do the same without straps just like to wear them from time to time.Yeah ionno why i lean so far back its always been a habit of mine that i meant to break but hasnt been to easy lol.But yeah i hear what your saying i will work on that also thanx for the comments.