PDA

View Full Version : Puking/fainting in the gym

bass slayer
06-23-2009, 09:16 PM
Any one faint or puke in the gym? I was sooo close to doing both today. Probably was due to taking a week off and having a poor diet for that week. I almost blacked out and lost it rushing to the bathroom. Had to sit down for like 10 minutes and chill. , any way to avoid that and making an ass out of yourself?

Clifford Gillmore
06-23-2009, 09:26 PM
Never. Not EVER.

kmagnuss
06-23-2009, 09:28 PM
I almost puked a few days ago. It happens when I really push myself hard sometimes.

About 10 years ago I almost passed out...but it was because I smashed my d*ck with a 80 lb dumbell against the incline seat. Nothing like seeing blood coming out of your donger.

bizbob
06-23-2009, 09:54 PM
About 10 years ago I almost passed out...but it was because I smashed my d*ck with a 80 lb dumbell against the incline seat. Nothing like seeing blood coming out of your donger.

This image is going to haunt me for some time. :eek:

depotman
06-23-2009, 10:18 PM
Were you possibly dehydrated?

IIRC even hyperventalating (where your body is saturated with to much oxgyen) due to not exhaling properly/all the way out might cause this.

Xellarz
06-23-2009, 10:37 PM
I haven't actually puked - come close and seen stars...definitely had to sit down. A couple weeks ago I choked myself out with the bar during front squats, though. So yes, I actually passed out. Note: I said during. Ha

BigTallOx
06-24-2009, 12:04 AM
I almost puked doing rack pulls last week. For personal reasons I had to lift right after breakfast, which is something I usually never do. I should have waited.

gohard
06-24-2009, 02:34 AM
If I eat a lot I can't work out hard immediately afterwards or I will lose all the good stuff I just packed down. Sometimes when I am squatting hard I see stars when I set the bar..The only time I passed out was doing Dumbell Military Press and had a subluxation of my right shoulder. The 60LB dumbell in that arm fell and landed on my foot and broke my 3 small toes....don't remember much after that.

jreed110
06-24-2009, 03:30 AM
I used to have this issue when I worked out in a gym, lack of fresh oxygen does this to me. I work out at home now with windows open so it's never a problem.

WaNNaB3Bigg3r
06-24-2009, 05:06 AM
This image is going to haunt me for some time. :eek:

Same... :(

KoSh
06-24-2009, 05:26 AM
I've almost blacked out at the gym...

I think I was low on cals/not hydrated and I was doing heavy step ups.

rbtrout
06-24-2009, 09:04 AM
When I've pushed myself quite hard, I've puked. I've also nearly blacked out several times (more than I've puked). Doing rack deads two weeks ago (new PR), I put everything I had into the lift. Once I set the bar down.....dropped it is more appropriate.....I got the stars in my vision and everything started going black. A buddy sat my happy a$$ down on a bench and made sure I was OK. It took 5-7 minutes to recover enough to stand back up.

Guido
06-24-2009, 09:09 AM
I've definitely seen stars before, but have never blacked out or puked, though I think I've been close to puking a few times.

nockits
06-24-2009, 09:44 AM
i've seen stars, and felt the crazy head rush, but i wouldn't say i blacked out (although i came close a couple times). thankfully i hadn't puked all over yet.

Optimum08
06-24-2009, 10:01 AM
I almost puked a few days ago. It happens when I really push myself hard sometimes.

Worst image EVER.

Coqui
06-24-2009, 11:00 AM
Closest I got to both was the first time I ever did the 300 workout. I went all gung ho when I knew I lacked the endurance to pull it off.

killxswitch
06-24-2009, 11:20 AM

That's one of the worst things I've read on the internet.

Detard
06-24-2009, 12:08 PM
I felt like I was having a stroke one time. I lifted early in the morning, without much food. I took 2 caffeine pills after drinking a coke, and started my warmups. It was ME squat day so I was putting on my suit. I was sweating particularly bad for not having done much work. All of a sudden, I couldnt see anything, my heart was pounding out of my chest, and I was about to black out. I pulled my suit off, and stumbled to the bathroom. **** my guts out, and still thought I was going to pass out. So I grabbed a towel, soaked it in cold water, and sat for 10 minutes with it on my face.

Moral of the story? Dont workout early in the morning, with no food in your stomach, after drinking a coke and taking 2 caffeine pills.

Mr_Banger
06-24-2009, 01:17 PM
i only ever nearly puke when i work out after eating

Jweik84
06-24-2009, 02:44 PM
I fart sometimes when I dead lift. I see stars when I squat and dead lift too.

berfles
06-24-2009, 03:01 PM
I've never puked while working out, just almost when I eat. Been happening nightly now, I don't think my body likes me at all right now. Makes me wonder if there's something wrong, that combined with when I burp I have sort of a reflux thing going on from time to time too.

Jeff Garvin
06-24-2009, 03:20 PM
I almost ***** my pants doing deadlifts but never puke or pass out! Actually my shorts were kinda wet now to think about it.....

LuNa
06-24-2009, 06:21 PM
I sometimes feel a bit faint after doing squats. No feelings of having to throw up though. I make sure there is atleast an hour between eating and lifting. I did fart once when in the hole.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
06-24-2009, 06:26 PM
I puked and nearly blacked out once doing deads... after I finished up in the gym bathroom, I went in to finish my set.

I've gotten dizzy quite a few times because I have insanely low blood pressure... possibly the same reason for the above happening. I've since learned to pace myself to coincide with the blood pressure.

twm
06-24-2009, 06:26 PM
seen stars many times...

worst moment for me was farting loudly when doing squats one time in particular. there were a lot of girls around and a trainer who I'm infatuated with :(

Clifford Gillmore
06-24-2009, 06:50 PM
seen stars many times...

worst moment for me was farting loudly when doing squats one time in particular. there were a lot of girls around and a trainer who I'm infatuated with :(

Loud was your problem? Mine have smelt so bad I've made other people puke. I'm NOT kidding. Yeah, your sitting there going - no way, he's on the internet making that up. My farts have made people puke. You have no idea how much joy that brings me :)

nockits
06-24-2009, 07:07 PM
Loud was your problem? Mine have smelt so bad I've made other people puke. I'm NOT kidding. Yeah, your sitting there going - no way, he's on the internet making that up. My farts have made people puke. You have no idea how much joy that brings me :)

gnarly dude.

redwolf4k
06-25-2009, 12:01 PM
I have had that problem a few times. Usually, if I consume too much water before my workout, or have too much food in my stomach. Since i go to the gym first thing when i wake up, i eat a tiny tiny meal, have a cup of water, about an hour before the gym and thats it, then when i get home i have my post workout shake and shortly after my whole food meal.

This has helped me get over the issue. It usually comes on when I am really pushing it....which is always lol. I found that running my head under ice cold water in the gym locker room helps the feeling like im gonna puke and pass out feeling pass quickly.

I dont know what your workout is, but make sure your not gasping for air through the entire workout. I know I superset alot of stuff and you have to be careful to make sure you breathe and put in proper rest times.

rbtrout
06-26-2009, 11:26 AM

This is the best, I'm right there with you. I've farted bad enough to make some one else puke, it's just too cool.

Skalami
06-27-2009, 06:12 PM
there was a long distance cycler i believe that would sleep in a high altitude chamber the night before long competition and i believe their are a few US olympic training centers in high altitude areas... im an idiot on this but i believe training (or sleeping) in high altitude areas conditions your body and blood to pump more oxygen around it so biking/working out in a moderate altitude would be easier. Theirs also medication that has a similar effect.

not sure what relevance that is but just thought of it.

Skalami
06-28-2009, 10:57 AM
flatuated with

snikez
06-28-2009, 08:13 PM
I don't know what people would think if I just threw up on the floor... people would probably just stare at me and the floor for a little bit and then get back to their lifting... while I'd get out of there straight-away and let it be someone else's problem haha.

Coqui
06-29-2009, 06:57 AM
there was a long distance cycler i believe that would sleep in a high altitude chamber the night before long competition and i believe their are a few US olympic training centers in high altitude areas... im an idiot on this but i believe training (or sleeping) in high altitude areas conditions your body and blood to pump more oxygen around it so biking/working out in a moderate altitude would be easier. Theirs also medication that has a similar effect.

It works. Numerous accounts of football players (both college and professional) do it and their performance has increased.

Trainwreck
06-29-2009, 07:24 AM
Altitude chambers produces a lot more red blood cells; this means more oxygen in your system which means more endurance. Altitude chambers and High altitude training are the only 2 legal ways to increase red blood cell count, the 'illegal' two in sports are blood doping and EPO (http://www.medterms.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=7032).

nockits
06-29-2009, 02:38 PM
Altitude chambers produces a lot more red blood cells; this means more oxygen in your system which means more endurance. Altitude chambers and High altitude training are the only 2 legal ways to increase red blood cell count, the 'illegal' two in sports are blood doping and EPO (http://www.medterms.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=7032).

it also creates more areoles (i think that's what they're called) in the lungs which increase your lung capacity.

getting there
06-29-2009, 02:53 PM

Because the air is thinner at higher altitudes, training there forces the body to produce more red blood cells to transport oxygen to the muscles. When you get back down to sea level the higher proportions of RBC's in the blood allow you to work harder than someone who did all their training exclusively at sea level. i.e. you can perform better.:thumbup:

mchicia1
06-29-2009, 08:49 PM
I almost fainted today after taking 3 nitors...had tons of energy though.