PDA

View Full Version : Deadlift PR yesterday and then........

getting there
06-24-2009, 09:42 AM
I am on the 4th wave of 5/3/1 and so far the program is great. Yesterday was deadlift day and everything was going great. I was supposed to do 425 for 1 rep and ended up getting 4 reps. I was feeling good and wanted to test my 1RM. I got 500x1 and I know I had 20lbs or so more in me but I decided to stop there and be happy with my 500lb pull.

After working out I went back to the girlfriends place and relaxed for a bit then we went out and playing tennis for about an hour. Right after that I had a softball game so it was off to the game and thats when it happened. In the 4th inning I hit a blooper to 3rd and was trying to leg out a single to get on base (our team was down and needed to get people on base) when I felt a pop in my left hamstring. I knew right away what happened. Pulled hammy. :mad: I was def. warmed up before playing and I stretched too. I made sure I was hydrated as well. So I went home, popped 800mg of ibprofen, and iced it. It is just very frustrating to have this happen right after I pull a PR. Now I won't be at 100% for a week or so. At least I work as a physical therapist so I know what needs to be done.

-Joe

Brian C
06-24-2009, 10:22 AM
Wow, you mirrored what happened to me yesterday. I aso hit a DL PR then had a softball game later on, and pulled a muscle pretty good on the left side of my rear rib cage. F'in hurts like a mofo today.

Brian C
06-24-2009, 10:24 AM
Also, where do yo train in West Chester?

getting there
06-24-2009, 10:37 AM
Right now I am at the Golds Gym in Exton. Once my contract is up there I am thinking of joining a place called Old School Fitness which is right down the street from my current gym. I've been told it is a more lifter friendly place. How about you?

Reko
06-24-2009, 10:38 AM
you'll be fine. Just work around it and let it heal and youll be back before you know it.