PDA

View Full Version : Maiking weight...

mikesbench
06-25-2009, 06:31 PM
Making Weight...
This has been an interesting week leading up to my weigh-in tommorrow for my contest Saturday.

I work as a carpenter, so obviously I'm outside 8 hours a day; the only problem this weekis that it's been 90+ degrees all week. I've been drinking water and gatorade like crazy at work, and still most days get home weighing about 3-4lbs less than I did in the morning.

So, I figured I would need to kind of adapt my usual weight cutting protocol (which was never real exteme) on the fly and hope for the best. So today I had my usual breakfast, meal at 10am break, and a lighter than usual lunch (in my typical weight cut I'd usually skip lunch). As for water intake I generally stop drinking water ~24hrs before weigh-in. This time I drank a lot of water and gatorade up until lunch; then drank gatorade sparingly in the afternoon (only when I felt I really needed it to continue working).

I got home from work already within my weight class (198), after weighing 204.5 this morning. Long story short, summer makes weigh-in MUCH easier.

Brian C
06-26-2009, 10:36 AM
HAHA wish it was so easy all year round. Good luck and kick ass 198 numbers bro:thumbup:

Lones Green
06-26-2009, 12:10 PM
LOL awesome Mike. You can probably eat a drink a little bit then. Lesson learned.

Travis Bell
06-26-2009, 12:58 PM
Yeah if you're already in your weight class, eat some ice chips, plain chicken breast through the night and weigh in as early as possible. You're going to be down in weight a long time so make sure you rehydrate very well tomorrow.