PDA

View Full Version : Hard boiled or Raw eggs ?

WorkOutFreak
06-25-2009, 11:07 PM
Whats better hard boiled or raw eggs or is it just preference ?

I know u can get sick from eating an uncooked egg but besides that is there any difference or benefit from either or ?

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
06-25-2009, 11:25 PM
http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/search.php

rainersullivan
06-26-2009, 01:26 AM
If you ask me, there is a big chance that you can get salmonella. There not really a big difference, but if to choose from the two, well I'd rather have a cooked egg.

Besides the egg whites if uncooked can cause hair fall and some kinds of allergies.

Trainwreck
06-26-2009, 04:00 AM
If you used the search (http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/search.php) you would know that cooking them denatures the protein and makes it more bioavailable.

Optimum08
06-26-2009, 08:26 AM
If you ask me, there is a big chance that you can get salmonella. There not really a big difference, but if to choose from the two, well I'd rather have a cooked egg.

Besides the egg whites if uncooked can cause hair fall and some kinds of allergies.

If you think roughly 1 in 30,000 eggs is a 'big chance' for salmonella then you, sir, are correct.

For the umpteenth time, cook your g*d d*mn eggs and go about your business.

Skalami
06-27-2009, 06:48 AM
ive read somewhere (probably in a magazine) that cooking them does something to the egg that makes more of it (maybe more protein or nutrients im not sure) bioavailable. Frying releases the most and boiling just releases a bit less. Or makes available a bit less.

VikingWarlord
06-27-2009, 07:51 AM
ive read somewhere (probably in a magazine) that cooking them does something to the egg that makes more of it (maybe more protein or nutrients im not sure) bioavailable. Frying releases the most and boiling just releases a bit less. Or makes available a bit less.

Trainwreck said it two posts above.

iPhysician
06-27-2009, 02:39 PM
I vote for soft boiled...then get rid of the yolks...

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
06-27-2009, 02:54 PM
I vote for soft boiled...then get rid of the yolks...
But I like the yolks. :drooling:

joey54
06-28-2009, 08:48 AM
Why get rid of the yolks unless you have high cholesterol or are in the last few weeks of dieting for a bodybuilding competition?

Gymjunkie
06-28-2009, 09:09 AM
But I like the yolks. :drooling:

It's the tastiest part of the egg!!!! Esp. in a soft boiled egg!

Hard boiled are better for ya, I read that it is easier to digest proteins from boiled egg rather than from raw one. And there is no way I could force msyelf to drink one.. yuck... :(

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
06-28-2009, 12:44 PM
It's the tastiest part of the egg!!!! Esp. in a soft boiled egg!

Hard boiled are better for ya, I read that it is easier to digest proteins from boiled egg rather than from raw one. And there is no way I could force msyelf to drink one.. yuck... :(
People really need to get off the raw bandwagon and grow a brain.

Gymjunkie
06-28-2009, 02:26 PM
People really need to get off the raw bandwagon and grow a brain.

They watched Rocky few too many times.... :P

MissAbs
06-29-2009, 03:42 AM
Guys! Just cook your darn eggs and eat them. You are over thinking this process and from what I see, the majority of food outlines here are less than stellar.

I would be happy to see you eating a good whole close to the source food in 5-6 small or big depending on your goals meals per day.

Egg Yolks: Again you are using the food to add or subtract the macros for your needs for your goals.
If you need good fats in your diet and it works with your caloric intake then use the amounts needed for your fat counts for that meal. If you need less fat use less yolks.

You need to know your numbers and the macro counts per day that you need for your specific goal, then build the food plan around that.

Sorry for the tone in my post. I just want you all to think and use food as a goal achiever

bill
06-29-2009, 08:13 AM
yDhk1lZwYfM

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
06-29-2009, 11:36 AM
Is the point of your vid to show a big tard eating raw eggs? If you show some big guy in a video smashing himself in the face with a sledgehammer before making his shakes, should I smash myself in the face before making mine too because he's big?

Cook your ****ing eggs.

bill
06-29-2009, 11:56 AM
Is the point of your vid to show a big tard eating raw eggs? If you show some big guy in a video smashing himself in the face with a sledgehammer before making his shakes, should I smash myself in the face before making mine too because he's big?

Cook your ****ing eggs.

No do whatever you pls. Just remembered the video and thought whole thread was funny. The reason I didn't add a comment to the video. If you want raw eggs eat them if not cook them lol.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
06-29-2009, 01:28 PM
Yes, ultimately it is up to the person to do as they please...

mchicia1
07-03-2009, 12:59 PM
yDhk1lZwYfM

He doesnt even wash it he just rinses it? NASTY

Trainwreck
07-03-2009, 02:02 PM
Omg guise I had raw eggs after my work out and I gained 6 pounds of muscle! r4w 3ggs r34lly werk!

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
07-03-2009, 05:44 PM
Apparently he hasn't read up on cross-contamination.

Joe Usher
07-03-2009, 06:11 PM
Whats better hard boiled or raw eggs or is it just preference ?

I know u can get sick from eating an uncooked egg but besides that is there any difference or benefit from either or ?

Yummm. Hard boiled eggs still a little warm from the pot of water, not yet refrigerated, peel real easy, sprinkle a little salt on the yoke after the first bite, yum!

Why would you want raw after that taste sensation!

Rogue
07-05-2009, 08:25 PM
Hard boiled eggs are the way to go. Still hold's it's nutrition inside and you can take them along with you on lunch breaks or on the go and in my opinion the most delicious way to eat them...

hankey
07-11-2009, 07:36 AM
i done previously

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
07-11-2009, 11:55 AM
i done previously
:confused:

VikingWarlord
07-11-2009, 12:54 PM
Why won't this thread die?

Tykimeister
07-11-2009, 08:56 PM

I hope you do realize that restaurants dont use soap when they wash their dishes. They just use hot water. But what happens when rush hour comes and the hot water tank runs low? The water becomes about as warm as the water he probably used.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
07-11-2009, 09:43 PM
I hope you do realize that restaurants dont use soap when they wash their dishes. They just use hot water. But what happens when rush hour comes and the hot water tank runs low? The water becomes about as warm as the water he probably used.
Every restaurant I've worked in used soap or antibacterial suds in the sink. Every restaurant I've seen in the back is the same. Don't know what nasty restaurants you've been to but that's a violation of the health code. And I don't know what point you're trying to make but he made a shake with raw eggs and didn't wash it. Not the brightest idea.

VikingWarlord
07-11-2009, 10:35 PM
Every restaurant I've worked in used soap or antibacterial suds in the sink. Every restaurant I've seen in the back is the same. Don't know what nasty restaurants you've been to but that's a violation of the health code. And I don't know what point you're trying to make but he made a shake with raw eggs and didn't wash it. Not the brightest idea.

Notice that he lives in North Dakota. Not exactly civilization.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
07-11-2009, 10:42 PM
Notice that he lives in North Dakota. Not exactly civilization.
Touché.

Focused70
07-13-2009, 02:47 PM
Guys! Just cook your darn eggs and eat them. You are over thinking this process

:withstupi:

Ti1301
07-14-2009, 04:06 AM
yDhk1lZwYfM

I see a big waste of egg whites is all i see in the vid.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
07-15-2009, 03:44 AM
raw eggs are highly recommended to make sure that you get high quality protein and fats into your diet.:hello:but on the other hand it causes Salmonella which is very serious infection. so it is good to eat hard boiled eggs that are beneficial for eyes and is a good source of choline.
No... EGGS are highly recommended to make sure you get high quality protein and fats into your diet. The fact that they are raw has no merit whatsoever to their nutritional quality. It just means they're raw.

Zaund
07-15-2009, 04:41 AM
Hard boiled FTW. Eat 'em day and night. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner :hump:

Shay
07-16-2009, 09:05 PM

wtf are you tlking about? Ive worked in 3 restaurants and we ALWAYS use antibacterial soap. HUGE health code violation if you are just rinsing dishes in warm water and not cleaning them properly.

WSWare
07-25-2009, 07:09 PM
I like to cook them but I've never seen the salmonella scare in real life, online in literature.. And I know a couple folks who eat em raw (Not myself, though. I do cook them)

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
07-25-2009, 08:14 PM
I like to cook them but I've never seen the salmonella scare in real life, online in literature.. And I know a couple folks who eat em raw (Not myself, though. I do cook them)
My cousin is cursed because she's gotten Salmonella poisoning about 5 times. It does happen... hasn't happened to me yet, though.

Glaive
08-01-2009, 01:55 AM
Getting salmonella from eggs is exceedingly unlikely. It's not like eggs just swarm with salmonella bacteria and you have to kill it via cooking to make it safe. If you get salmonella from anything, including an egg, it's because of improper handling. The stars that have to align for this to actually occur are pretty crazy. Unless you're buying your eggs out of the back of some guy's van who also sells prepaid cellphones and Rolex knockoffs you're far more likely to get in a car accident on your way to work and then again on the way home than you are to get salmonella from an egg.

That being said, there is indeed a valid argument for cooking them, or specifically to cook the egg white. I don't necessarily know of any chance to protein bioavailability associated with cooking them, but it does denature the protein and make it unable to bond with biotin, which is good for you since biotin is important and eating raw egg whites results in the protein molecules bonding with biotin and making it unavailable to your body. Cooking removes this issue.

Ironically, I've read a few things that suggest that cooking reduces the nutritional benefits of the egg yolks. It's been a couple of years and I don't remember the particulars, but if true that would mean that in an ideal world you'd eat raw egg yolks and cooked egg whites, which seems like a pain in the ass.

Eggs cook so rapidly that I don't see the reason why it should be a big pain to toss them in a pan.