PDA

View Full Version : "Stone Loading 101" - Tom Mutaffis

Tom Mutaffis
06-26-2009, 10:02 AM
A recent post about atlas stones made me think of this. Here is a video that was taken from a strongman training seminar that I was involved with about three months ago down in Florida at Evolved Athletics in Fort Myers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xt6LfEC4cxA&feature=channel_page

I did not get too detailed with regard to technique since most of the poeple there had never touched a stone and were just looking for the basics.

Bob
06-26-2009, 12:51 PM
A recent post about atlas stones made me think of this. Here is a video that was taken from a strongman training seminar that I was involved with about three months ago down in Florida at Evolved Athletics in Fort Myers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xt6LfEC4cxA&feature=channel_page

I did not get too detailed with regard to technique since most of the poeple there had never touched a stone and were just looking for the basics.
Thanks Tom .. that is a great one for beginners..
Have you thought about writing a more detailed article or making a video series? TPS has a DVD from a few yrs ago, but I think the material needs to be updated. Stone loading seems to have progressed rapidly over the last few years.. LWs are doing what the HWs/Pros used to only do..

Tom Mutaffis
06-26-2009, 02:01 PM
I did put together an article, but I think that a video might be easier to grasp for a lot of people.

It is something that I may work on in the future as some type of training series. Events like tire, yoke, stones, etc. are a lot more technical than many people realize.

Ben Moore
06-26-2009, 02:17 PM
Nah, you just pick em up and run right? You don't need to train the events...;)

BigTallOx
06-26-2009, 04:23 PM
Thanks for sharing the video. I haven't done the atlas stones yet, seems like the group I train with does lots of yoke walk, farmers walk, and tire flips. ( Last tuesday I did the yoke walk for 50 feet with 585 pounds in 12 seconds. My hips are still a little sore. ) I'm looking forward to trying the stones.

Iron Disciple
06-26-2009, 05:11 PM
God, I miss Strongman ! :drooling::drooling: