PDA

View Full Version : Used Reverse Hyper

johnnyo_99
06-26-2009, 11:49 AM
http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/spo/1232906769.html

I found this on craigslist, used reverse hyper. Its a few years old and I was wondering what anyone has to say about it. good deal or not? I noticed this model is built differently than newer models. I don't have easy access to a RH, so buying one is my best option - only problem is their expensive. any advice is appreciated.

Travis Bell
06-26-2009, 11:55 AM
That's a pretty good steal. Bout half price of a brand new one.

I'd take it if I were you

Ben Moore
06-26-2009, 11:57 AM
Seems like a good enough deal. Offer him $500 and see if he takes it. I can bet there's not going to be many responses to his ad. The roller option is just that - a different option. It is actually a newer version than the strap type (IIRC, Travis may know better)

Lones Green
06-26-2009, 11:59 AM
Get it. Got to use the roller model awhile back and liked it.

Travis Bell
06-26-2009, 12:01 PM
Seems like a good enough deal. Offer him $500 and see if he takes it. I can bet there's not going to be many responses to his ad. The roller option is just that - a different option. It is actually a newer version than the strap type (IIRC, Travis may know better)

Yep, the roller option is one of the newer models. I think it's the Super Pro Reverse Hyper or something like that

I believe you can still use the strap with that model if you choose

Having a reverse hyper in a gym that does a lot of strength training is a huge asset.

Ben, I think it'd really help your back issues now that I think about it.

johnnyo_99
06-26-2009, 12:17 PM

I took your advice and offered $500, was nice about it so he doesn't think I'm trying to low ball him. we'll see if he comes back with a counter offer.

I agree, will be hard to find many people interested in a reverse hyper.

Pete22
06-26-2009, 12:34 PM
I took your advice and offered $500, was nice about it so he doesn't think I'm trying to low ball him. we'll see if he comes back with a counter offer.

I agree, will be hard to find many people interested in a reverse hyper.

Brb driving to Texas and offering $600... j/k. That's a good deal on a nice model, hope you can make a deal and get it for yourself.

Ben Moore
06-26-2009, 02:16 PM
Yep, the roller option is one of the newer models. I think it's the Super Pro Reverse Hyper or something like that

I believe you can still use the strap with that model if you choose

Having a reverse hyper in a gym that does a lot of strength training is a huge asset.

Ben, I think it'd really help your back issues now that I think about it.

Man, if we had the money I'd already have one. See if Louie wants to sponsor an up and coming lifter with the use of one...;)

johnnyo_99
06-26-2009, 07:31 PM
Man, if we had the money I'd already have one. See if Louie wants to sponsor an up and coming lifter with the use of one...;)

Ben,
do you use anything inlieu of not having a reverse hyper? homemader version?

JK1
06-27-2009, 09:57 AM
Ben,
do you use anything inlieu of not having a reverse hyper? homemader version?

I've messed with just about every home made version there including some of the knockoff clones that on the surface that look almost identical, to an exercise ball wedged in a 45 degree back extension, to a plywood platfrom in a power rack, and honestly, nothing replaces the actual Reverse Hyper machine. I don't know what it is, but I just haven't found one that feels the same.

I finally bit the bullet and bought one. I'm waiting for it to be delivered.