PDA

View Full Version : Tire Sled Face Pulls - Video

teeroy
06-26-2009, 03:46 PM
Did some tire sled face pulls today for the first time and took a video so I can get some feedback on if I'm doing them right. This is a really cool exercise because I don't have a machine at home to do face pulls with so I'm stoked about being able to do these now.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TpzoicvpoMg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TpzoicvpoMg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

JSully
06-26-2009, 06:04 PM
you sure the HOA will permit that?

lol, good stuff..

Chalky Palms
06-26-2009, 06:24 PM
It looks like you do a little bit of a reverse curl motion at the top. Get your elbows up and pull straight to the face. There shouldn't be any rotation.

teeroy
06-26-2009, 10:43 PM
It looks like you do a little bit of a reverse curl motion at the top. Get your elbows up and pull straight to the face. There shouldn't be any rotation.

OK, I wasn't sure if I should be doing that or not. And afterwards when my bis were feeling it the most I figured probably not. I guess I took "face pull" a bit too seriously. :)

So, I'll focus on keeping the arms parallel to the ground but up I'm assuming at shoulder level, correct? And then squeezing my lats at the end. Does that sound like a good approach?

Chalky Palms
06-26-2009, 10:48 PM
Right, try to keep the forearms somewhat parallel to the ground. You should be feeling it in your rear delts/traps/lats

teeroy
06-26-2009, 10:55 PM
you sure the HOA will permit that?

lol, good stuff..

You never know. It does leave a small mark on the nice asphalt in the court there that we just had repaved a few months ago. Wouldn't surprise me if someone complains about it.

Fortunately I get along with everyone down on our court except for the couple that lives to the right of me becuase they let their dog **it on our front lawn and don't pick it up even though I've asked them nicely a number of times. They weren't too happy when my wife got a video of it and sent it to the city which sent them a fine. Not something we would normally do but we did first ask them nicely at least 5 different times. And I love it how they think we're the a**holes because they let their dog **it on our lawn. Gotta love people sometimes.

JK1
06-27-2009, 09:53 AM
You never know. It does leave a small mark on the nice asphalt in the court there that we just had repaved a few months ago. Wouldn't surprise me if someone complains about it.

Fortunately I get along with everyone down on our court except for the couple that lives to the right of me becuase they let their dog **it on our front lawn and don't pick it up even though I've asked them nicely a number of times. They weren't too happy when my wife got a video of it and sent it to the city which sent them a fine. Not something we would normally do but we did first ask them nicely at least 5 different times. And I love it how they think we're the a**holes because they let their dog **it on our lawn. Gotta love people sometimes.

you could always **** on their yard in retaliation. Just be quick about it and probably ought to do it really late at night when no one is awake. That way you can claim you were sleep walking looking for the bathroom too. ;)