PDA

View Full Version : Bruises from bench shirt

danmac
06-26-2009, 07:50 PM
So tonight was my first time in a bench shirt. I was wearing a singly ply katana and got a 405 to a 1 brd which is massive for me. I think i will need 425 to touch, which will be like an 80 lb gain from the shirt.

Anyway i am not covered in bruises from the stitching in the shirt. I have lines all over my armpits and delts. I figure its normal, maybe i just have milky soft skin or something haha.

What do you guys do to prevent/ heal them? Its not a big deal but its going to be hard to explain them at volleyball this sunday haha. I look like i was mauled by a lion!

Lones Green
06-26-2009, 08:22 PM
Nothing you can really do about it.

danmac
06-26-2009, 08:25 PM
Nothing you can really do about it.

Figured that. Does the skin ever toughen up?

Its reminds me of one of those indian rub burns you would get (or give) as a kid.

Detard
06-26-2009, 08:26 PM
It'll go away by your next session. Wait till you get to multi ply gear. Then you'll really feel a bite. Your shirts not tight enough if your not bleeding (just kidding, but seriously, I bled from my shirt in the first few sessions.)

If anyone asks, just tell them what its from. Over time, you will probably develop scars.

danmac
06-26-2009, 08:42 PM
It'll go away by your next session. Wait till you get to multi ply gear. Then you'll really feel a bite. Your shirts not tight enough if your not bleeding (just kidding, but seriously, I bled from my shirt in the first few sessions.)

If anyone asks, just tell them what its from. Over time, you will probably develop scars.

Maybe ill make up a wild story.

I just hate explaining gear to people, always ends the same way with them saying isnt that just cheating? Then calling it stupid.

Multiply wont be for a long while, singly ply was rough enough! I couldnt even come close to touching.

Detard
06-26-2009, 09:16 PM
Maybe ill make up a wild story.

I just hate explaining gear to people, always ends the same way with them saying isnt that just cheating? Then calling it stupid.

Multiply wont be for a long while, singly ply was rough enough! I couldnt even come close to touching.

One good thing about single ply, is that it does stretch out quite a bit. When I first put my shirt on, we thought it would take 400+ to touch. Over a few months, I was able to touch 275. And yea, I definitly know what you mean about people not knowing anything about gear.

Rob Luyando
06-27-2009, 07:13 AM
You want a shirt thats going to leave marks reguardless how old it is. If its not leaving bruises or cutting into the shirt is way to big. Want it tight enoguh that blood is just about ready to spray.

danmac
06-27-2009, 08:55 AM
You want a shirt thats going to leave marks reguardless how old it is. If its not leaving bruises or cutting into the shirt is way to big. Want it tight enoguh that blood is just about ready to spray.

Perfect. I guess my shirt fits then!

robchris
06-27-2009, 07:46 PM
danmac,
Yo man, if it aint bruising/ bleeding it aint working... I've only been using gear for approx. 3-months and I had the same marks. As far as touching be sure to pull the bar down, dont just let it drop. I learned this from a fellow PL'er @ the gym. It will touch w/ less weight if you pull hard & tuck the elbows.

BTW, I had a lot harder time w/ the squat suit that the shirt! (titan super centurion)Mummy suit!

DrDudley-Robey
06-27-2009, 08:52 PM
Pain Heals, Chicks dig scars, but Glory lasts forever!!!!!!!!

DrDudley-Robey
06-28-2009, 11:11 AM
Try Arnolds supplement after that hard work out also

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXe4ZNdhOIU&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXe4ZNdhOIU&feature=related

danmac
06-28-2009, 12:01 PM
danmac,
Yo man, if it aint bruising/ bleeding it aint working... I've only been using gear for approx. 3-months and I had the same marks. As far as touching be sure to pull the bar down, dont just let it drop. I learned this from a fellow PL'er @ the gym. It will touch w/ less weight if you pull hard & tuck the elbows.

BTW, I had a lot harder time w/ the squat suit that the shirt! (titan super centurion)Mummy suit!

Yeah i was training with some experienced guys they helped me out with what i should be doing. I was really pulling! Not with like everything i had or anything like that, but i was pulling down a ton. To get it to the one board i ended up collapsing my arch and **** just to get it there. I still muscled it up but there was NO pop from the shirt like the other lifts.

I can't wait for my squat suit, ill probably get one in july.

Pain Heals, Chicks dig scars, but Glory lasts forever!!!!!!!!

Hahaha i dont know if they will dig these scars! we will find out tonight at volleyball.

Try Arnolds supplement after that hard work out also

uXe4ZNdhOIU

I had some of arnolds special supplement last night, all the pain went away! Amazing.

evilxxx
06-28-2009, 04:35 PM

Now thats a tight shirt! :thumbup:

Priest
06-29-2009, 08:36 AM
If you arent getting marked up, then it aint tight enough.

Smallwood
07-02-2009, 03:31 PM
Just wondering where the bite marks should be in a single rage x. I just got mine the other day. It marked up right on the top of my tricep / medial delt. Is it not seated right?

theBarzeen
07-06-2009, 10:16 AM
I'm pretty sure that you can't do this in single ply meets.... but for us multi-ply guys it really helps if you sew an extra layer of material in to the back of the sleeves as a pad..... I did this for my wife's shirt so she can wear short sleeves to work without looking like I beat on her......