PDA

View Full Version : FINALLY 225lbs

berfles
06-27-2009, 09:48 AM
After 3 years of busting my ass I finally got up to my goal weight of 225lbs (morning weight, no clothes, no food etc.) It is going to be very odd switching gears and trying to lose some of the weight now for the first time in my life, but I'll probably just keep eating as much as I do and introduce some form of cardio like jogging or basketball. That should be all it takes for me to start losing some weight.

Just need to keep hitting the weights as hard as I do so I retain my muscle and strength, and I should cut up by August or September. Not "beach season" anymore, but I don't give a damn about that.

So a big "**** you" to the doctors who told me I'd be stuck at 160lbs until my 30s, and also to the people who told me I was wasting my time and trying to question my dedication.

ZenMonkey
06-27-2009, 09:50 AM
Good work bud!

berfles
06-27-2009, 09:57 AM

Here's a chart I started a year after I began lifting weights, though back then it was a standard bench and I knew nothing, which the chart shows. You can tell where I got my power rack :)

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b251/jfindon/225.jpg

Clutch
06-27-2009, 10:31 AM
congrats keep up the good work

ZenMonkey
06-27-2009, 10:57 AM
From the looks of that chart you could still put on some more weight fairly easily. Whats your bf%?

berfles
06-27-2009, 11:11 AM
From the looks of that chart you could still put on some more weight fairly easily. Whats your bf%?

I have no idea, my body seems to hold it weird. If I flex my abs I can see them, but if I relax I look pregnant. I'm not sure if that's fat or if it just means I'm so bloated from always eating or the creatine or what. I generally feel bloated so I think it's more that than fat. Aside from that I'm not fat, just have some around my waist.

But believe me, nothing has been easy about putting the weight on. I'm about at my wit's end of spitting out mouthfuls of drool as I almost throw up every night, one can only do that for so long and I've probably done it longer than most people would be willing to.

225 has been my goal since I started, I'll save 230 for next time I bulk up. I get winded too easily from doing nothing physical other than lifting, I need to get in better cardio health now.

Which brings me to another semi stupid question. Since I've never cut before, should I stop taking the creatine or keep taking it throughout the cut? Seems like it would help me retain my strength but at the same time make me look softer due to water saturation.

ZenMonkey
06-27-2009, 11:22 AM
Id stay on the creatine. You should be able to get pretty lean while on it and once you are close to your goal you can take a break from it to appear leaner, but I see no real reason to stop taking it beyond aesthetics. (Not that that is a bad reason, I usually stop it when I get to about 10% and want to appear leaner)

berfles
06-27-2009, 11:48 AM
Ok that's kind of what I was thinking, thanks. I probably won't want to get much lower than 10% anyway.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
06-27-2009, 11:51 AM
Grats, man. That's awesome. :)

Xellarz
06-27-2009, 12:04 PM
Congrat, dude. I'm surprised at how linear your weight gain has been (since you got the power rack atleast!).

Detard
06-27-2009, 03:09 PM
Good job dude. You put on some solid size recently. Congrats.

LuNa
06-28-2009, 01:24 AM
Awesome job dude! Will be really cool to see you at 10%.

tom183
06-28-2009, 08:12 AM
But believe me, nothing has been easy about putting the weight on. I'm about at my wit's end of spitting out mouthfuls of drool as I almost throw up every night

Oh how I hate that feeling.

Congrats man.

berfles
06-28-2009, 10:17 AM
Thanks guys. Though late yesterday my lower back started feeling like I knocked it out of place, I didn't even do anything yesterday or the whole week before. If I bend over at the waist I feel a sharp pain in my lower back. Since I took the week off from lifting to GET rested, I just love how my body decides to hurt itself more during that time. Now I don't know what to do about this week, guess it's all wait and see. Needless to see I'm a bit pissed now.

BULK_BOY
06-28-2009, 11:24 AM
POWER RACKS RULE! Congrats on the achieved goal mate! ;)

KarlMarx
07-02-2009, 06:01 PM
Just out of curiosity, about how many calories do you think you were eating a day? Do you have an approximate BF %?

I am pretty much thinking that what I am going to need to do at this point to put on more muscle is pig out and worry about cutting later. My gains have stopped and so I am interested in your experience.

mchicia1
07-03-2009, 12:52 PM
I have no idea, my body seems to hold it weird. If I flex my abs I can see them, but if I relax I look pregnant. I'm not sure if that's fat or if it just means I'm so bloated from always eating or the creatine or what. I generally feel bloated so I think it's more that than fat. Aside from that I'm not fat, just have some around my waist.

But believe me, nothing has been easy about putting the weight on. I'm about at my wit's end of spitting out mouthfuls of drool as I almost throw up every night, one can only do that for so long and I've probably done it longer than most people would be willing to.

225 has been my goal since I started, I'll save 230 for next time I bulk up. I get winded too easily from doing nothing physical other than lifting, I need to get in better cardio health now.

Which brings me to another semi stupid question. Since I've never cut before, should I stop taking the creatine or keep taking it throughout the cut? Seems like it would help me retain my strength but at the same time make me look softer due to water saturation.

Thats a beast weight for your height. I am only 6'5" and I just hit 225 pounds the other day as well....My lifts are fairly close to yours weight wise but about half the reps (5 instead of 10). Felt good seeing it on the scale. Funny you say about the pregnant part...people have been saying that about me since I only weighed 175 pounds so it could just be the angle of your rib cage.

mchicia1
07-03-2009, 12:53 PM
Just out of curiosity, about how many calories do you think you were eating a day? Do you have an approximate BF %?

I am pretty much thinking that what I am going to need to do at this point to put on more muscle is pig out and worry about cutting later. My gains have stopped and so I am interested in your experience.

Yes, I have gained more in the last 3 weeks then the prior 2 months eating like a pig. The secret for me was adding one more meal and switching my nLarge shake to 3 nitrean shakes + 16oz milk.