PDA

View Full Version : New gear

Morgan McPherson
06-27-2009, 01:19 PM
I just got my gear in yesterday. I was able to get the suit on, it was super tight and took me about 20 minutes to get on, but on it went. I tried to get my Rage shirt on, and just could not get into it. The biggest problem I am having is that my forearms seem too big for the shirt and the sleeves seem super long. My arms are pretty short and I was wondering about cutting a couple inches off of the sleeves. Thoughts, suggestions.

Lones Green
06-27-2009, 01:29 PM
Did you try rolling the sleeves up on your shirt?

JK1
06-27-2009, 01:42 PM
I just got my gear in yesterday. I was able to get the suit on, it was super tight and took me about 20 minutes to get on, but on it went. I tried to get my Rage shirt on, and just could not get into it. The biggest problem I am having is that my forearms seem too big for the shirt and the sleeves seem super long. My arms are pretty short and I was wondering about cutting a couple inches off of the sleeves. Thoughts, suggestions.

If the sleeves are tight, rolling them may not work with that shirt. I had a bit of a time with my RageX when i first got it because the arms just weren't right. I tried to roll the sleeves and it just didn't work. it made them so tight I couldn't get the sleeves to sit right past my forearms. I finally ended up cutting off just over 3 inches (I got the shirt with 2 inches already shortened, took an additional inch off) from the sleeves, then had a friend hem the sleeve so they wouldn't fray, and I put a football in the sleeve to stretch the new cuff out just a bit. The one thing I've noticed is if I leave the shirt hang in the closet for a few weeks (this shirt is the one I compete in, not my "training" shirt) the darned sleeves seem to tighten up slightly.

We are still trying to get the sleeves right on my wifes shirt.

Smallwood
07-01-2009, 09:08 PM
I have noticed the exact same thing with my new Rage X. The sleeves being tight around my forearms prevent me from seating the shirt higher. Where are the bite marks supposed to be for the most pop with this shirt? I get them right at my medial delt / tricep area.

barbell01
07-02-2009, 05:19 AM
get some shirt slippers, my shirts won't go 4 inches up my wrists. but with slippers they are on in seconds.

Brian Hopper
07-02-2009, 11:53 AM
suit and shirt slippers work wonders