PDA

View Full Version : Tried a squat suit for my first time

BFGUITAR
06-29-2009, 04:48 PM
I used an Inzer Zealot for a 250lb person. I weigh 195 so it was quite loose on me. It didn't give me any pounds on my squat but I definitely felt the tightness in my groin in hips. What do you guys suggest I get for a first squat suit?

danmac
06-29-2009, 04:51 PM
Hey, sorry i dont know anything about squat suits yet. But are you planning on getting a suit and learning it before the meet in July?

BFGUITAR
06-29-2009, 04:57 PM
I will probably wear this one for the meet. It's actually so loose I can use it in place as a singlet for my bench (if they allow lol). There is another small meet in London at the gym I go to... I might get a suit then.

danmac
06-29-2009, 05:03 PM
I will probably wear this one for the meet. It's actually so loose I can use it in place as a singlet for my bench (if they allow lol). There is another small meet in London at the gym I go to... I might get a suit then.

The london open right? When is that, august? That wouldn't be a bad call. Maybe even qualiy for provincials (we need to total 1 096.8lbs) with some gear on.

I trained in a bench shirt for the first time last week, wont be doing any more in it till after the meet. Then plan on rocking full gear (or atleast squat/ bench) for provincials.

I need a singlet soon though, i better get on that.

BFGUITAR
06-29-2009, 05:11 PM
The london open right? When is that, august? That wouldn't be a bad call. Maybe even qualiy for provincials (we need to total 1 096.8lbs) with some gear on.

I trained in a bench shirt for the first time last week, wont be doing any more in it till after the meet. Then plan on rocking full gear (or atleast squat/ bench) for provincials.

I need a singlet soon though, i better get on that.

August 28th I think. Yup London open. If you come you'll get to see where I have been busting my ass for the past 2 months lol.

I do plan on qualifying for provincials as well. Hopefully the London meet goes well.

Buccos1
06-29-2009, 05:44 PM
BF- I used a z-suit for my first suit early last year. A little after, I got an Inzer Hardcore. I trained both, experimenting for a few months and ended up using the Hardcore at a meet last summer. Most of my leg workouts were in my basement alone and I was able to get both suits (recommended sizing) on with the slippers. I don't regret getting a z-suit because it was easy to learn and did not alter my form much at all. I still use the z-suit once in awhile but now mainly a single-ply Metal squatter.

Lones Green
06-29-2009, 06:19 PM
Multi ply or single ply?

BFGUITAR
06-29-2009, 06:20 PM
It was a single ply. Honestly I compared the suit I used to what one of the other guys uses in competition and it was day and night. The suit I used was like twice as thin! I am competing in the IPF.

Lones Green
06-29-2009, 06:24 PM
Don't even use that suit, buy something that fits. There's no reason to use a suit made for a guy 50+ pounds heavier than you, you might as well lift raw. I don't know too much about single ply gear, but I hear good stuff about the Metal king line and the Titan Centurion.

BFGUITAR
06-29-2009, 06:31 PM
Don't even use that suit, buy something that fits. There's no reason to use a suit made for a guy 50+ pounds heavier than you, you might as well lift raw. I don't know too much about single ply gear, but I hear good stuff about the Metal king line and the Titan Centurion.

The meet is only a few weeks away... I don't think I could get comfortable in a suit by that time. And I don't have a singlet so I was thinking of just using this. I may just go raw like you said. I have also heard good things about the Centurion.

Jesse Hernandez
06-29-2009, 06:55 PM
The meet is only a few weeks away... I don't think I could get comfortable in a suit by that time. And I don't have a singlet so I was thinking of just using this. I may just go raw like you said. I have also heard good things about the Centurion.

perhaps you should read my log. Suits arent comfortable, dont ever think they are. Some dont hurt as much as others, but none are like "hey lets stroll in the park" that suit you have is a waste of time, nothing more. The centurion is really good. I would either buy a suit that fits and get 2 work outs in or go raw. But either way, good luck.

barbell01
06-29-2009, 06:55 PM
i like titan single ply gear and metal multiply gear. i would just get the super centurion and see what happens. whats the worst that could happen? either you get it figured out or you go raw.

barbell01
06-29-2009, 06:56 PM
ken anderson can have one at your door in 2 days!

BFGUITAR
06-29-2009, 07:13 PM
Perhaps you guys are right... I'll look in to it right now.

Brian Hopper
06-29-2009, 07:47 PM
I highly recommed the TITAN Super Centurion!!!!!

robchris
06-29-2009, 08:12 PM
ken anderson can have one at your door in 2 days!

BF,
I second that!!! Ken helped me w/ sizing a while back and I'm very pleased w/ the centurion...

Like Jesse said, its gotta be tight to work. I'm still breaking mine in but the pain is worth it when you see the carryover on the bar!!!

BFGUITAR
06-29-2009, 08:26 PM
Who is Ken anderson?

Sidior
06-29-2009, 08:34 PM
I would stay away from the single ply metal stuff. I was blown away by their multi-ply gear, but was unimpressed with their single ply squatter.

robchris
06-29-2009, 08:43 PM
Who is Ken anderson?

Jut search Anderson powerlifting... He is a official Titan equipment distributor

Give him a call or e-mail. He'll help you w/ sizing and everything... Very cool guy.

KarstenDD
06-29-2009, 08:59 PM
I would stay away from the single ply metal stuff. I was blown away by their multi-ply gear, but was unimpressed with their single ply squatter.

This also a first suit were talking here. Either way, Elite or Anderson, you will get your suit very quickly.

Lones Green
06-30-2009, 07:38 AM

My first suit was a v-type squatter, and I ended up blowing that thing out in the hip. I used it a lot, but still.

Apparently the king material is much stronger

Brian Hopper
06-30-2009, 09:17 AM
Who is Ken anderson?

He is only the best TITAN dealer out there!!!!!!!!!

BFGUITAR
06-30-2009, 09:35 AM
Ok I sent Anderson an email.

I was looking at squat suits and they come in narrow/moderate stances and wide/extra wide. What exactly is considered to be wide and what is considered to be narrow? When I squat my stance is wider then shoulder width by about 2 inches on either side.

barbell01
06-30-2009, 11:19 AM
BF, that would be narrow

Clifford Gillmore
06-30-2009, 03:38 PM
I'm still using my Inzer Champion.... I still suck, but I have gotten 405 in it from a 315-320 max when I hadn't trained top end work at all.

Notorious
06-30-2009, 03:50 PM
I'm surprised nobody said this... just gain 50lbs before the meet :p

BFGUITAR
06-30-2009, 07:20 PM
Hahahaha not a bad idea either.

I spoke to ken... He asked for my measurements. He told me to measure around the butt... I hope I did it right. I am 41 inches around there... I am not sure if I have a big butt for my 195lbs bodyweight but I wanted to know if that sounds reasonable?

Clifford Gillmore
07-01-2009, 01:34 AM

I spoke to ken... He asked for my measurements. He told me to measure around the butt... I hope I did it right. I am 41 inches around there... I am not sure if I have a big butt for my 195lbs bodyweight but I wanted to know if that sounds reasonable?

Sounds about right..

Now SHAKE IT!!

evilxxx
07-01-2009, 02:50 AM

Yup thats a huge a... nevermind...LOL! Im just 1 inch less and arround the same weight.

Guido
07-01-2009, 09:49 AM
Yup thats a huge a... nevermind...LOL! Im just 1 inch less and arround the same weight.Wow. I have a big ass, then. Mine is almost 44" at 210lbs.

barbell01
07-01-2009, 01:04 PM
Wow. I have a big ass, then. Mine is almost 44" at 210lbs.

that just means that you'v been doing your squats. so good job.

BFGUITAR
07-01-2009, 02:38 PM
Ok so I am just about to order a super centurion. What exactly is the difference between the super centurion and just the centurion? Is there a big difference?

barbell01
07-01-2009, 04:06 PM
NGX, get the super!

robchris
07-02-2009, 09:43 PM
BF,
The super has the NXG super + material... Supposed to be 26% heavier that the reg. centurion fabric!

Be prepared man, it the stiffest, heaviest material out there in 1-ply. You cant go wrong w/ Titan stuff!

Jesse Hernandez
07-02-2009, 10:03 PM
BF,
The super has the NXG super + material... Supposed to be 26% heavier that the reg. centurion fabric!

Be prepared man, it the stiffest, heaviest material out there in 1-ply. You cant go wrong w/ Titan stuff!

Robchris, you are incorrect. I beleive I spoke to Ken face to face before nationals when I bought my centurion, I asked him the difference and he told me basically the difference is the harness, a SC has thicker harness material and stitched way thicker. Of course, those shrooms I ate could be making me tell lies (basically a loophole if my memory is incorrect)

mastermonster
07-02-2009, 10:49 PM
It has heavier stitching and seams but it is the NXG Super+ which is 26% thicker material than NXG+. That's the suit to go with (Super Centurion). And Ken is unbeatable as a distributor and for service and sizing.