PDA

View Full Version : 6'3 238lbs 24%+ BF

aormz
06-29-2009, 10:15 PM
Yo, Just tryin to get back down in my weight. I was thinking about going all organic vegetables, meat, and diary. Do I even need carbs? I'd like to get down to 210 so my belly isnt hanging over my jeans anymore.

My thoughts are to do a radical type diet with All organic Vegetables, High Poly and Monounsaturated fats, Meats (mostly chicken and fish), nuts, and dairy. (mostly organic)

I did this for like 10 days, I lost roughly 11lbs and I actually felt like I had more energy than previously the way I was eating. I think it kind of acted as a cleanse, but lately I've been eating whatever and I'm back up to fatass material. I'm sick of this, I need help from some of these experts. I know there is some of you ripped as 300 soldiers that barely eat carbs.

Maybe I'll do this diet for 10 - 14 days, and Weekends carb load. Thoughts?

Ben Moore
06-29-2009, 10:29 PM
At 6'3" and 238 I can't see how you're 24+ bf

aormz
06-29-2009, 10:34 PM
In that pic, I'm 185lbs (not the right weight for my height).. I'm much thicker now, but much fatter too... I've gained alot of strength (program for like 9months). I got fat when my dad passed, I basically comforted myself with ice cream and pizza. Now I have alot to get rid of. I'm working on getting some beginner / rephase pics up. Try to get those within a few days. (sd card adapter is missing)

VikingWarlord
06-29-2009, 10:54 PM
You need to formulate some sort of plan to follow.

Eating clean is a great start. As I've mentioned elsewhere, I've been on The Warrior Diet for a few months and feel great. Almost no refined carbohydrates of any kind, all fresh, mostly raw fruits and vegetables, and quality meats. Getting all that **** out of your system really does wonders for your sense of well being which, obviously, makes everything else easier to deal with.

aormz
06-30-2009, 12:49 AM
OK, is that close to the paleolithic / caveman diet?

evilxxx
06-30-2009, 12:50 AM

I was just thinking the same...

aormz
06-30-2009, 01:03 AM
What does that mean?? You think I am less than 24% or higher?

tom183
06-30-2009, 02:27 AM
^--Less.

Trainwreck
06-30-2009, 12:59 PM
I was in a smiliar situation 6 months ago, 6'3 260 @25% bf. I turned my life around around the time I joined this forum and I'm now 6'3 219 @17% bf [still working towards 10%]. Didn't really do anything 'radical' I simply started tracking my eating habits, drinking a lot of water, lifting 3 times a week and staying consistent. In 10 weeks i lost 26 pounds, just by eating below maintenance and lifting 3 times a week, never did any cardio.
Start using Fitday (http://www.fitday.com) to track your eating habits and make sure you eat below maintenance consistently. Good luck

aormz
06-30-2009, 01:43 PM
I did a Ross Training workout with one of my fighter friends called Infinite Intensity last year, I lost like 20lbs, mostly fat. Since than I threw on some of that weight training strength. I just wanna know if I should lay off those carbs and carb load on weekends. I need some extra burst.

I workout like atleast 4x a week. 3x a week strength and atleast 1-4x week circuit training.

Maybe you guys are right, I could be less than 24%. My belly is FAT though, everywhere else I'm lean, my back, my shoulders, my arms, and legs are all lean. I just have a gut slumping over, I dont like it.

SMK41
06-30-2009, 07:30 PM

For some reason people on here seem to make these types of comments a lot. I guess some people just assume that people have a certain body composition based on just looking at height/weight.

It depends on the type of build you have. Just b/c a guy is 6'3 238 doesn't mean he is solid muscle. You could probably tell a little more about those numbers if he listed his Bench/Squat/DL numbers along with it.

I see people on here who are like 5'10 220 lbs and look pretty jacked with impressive numbers and they probably are around 14-18% bodyfat. They look thick, but not fat. I also have friends I know who don't work out at all or work out a little but don't know what they are doing who are also 5'10 220 lbs. Those people with the same height/weight stats are probably 25% bodyfat or more.

If the OP is benching 300, squatting 375, and deadlifting 450 at 6'3 238 lbs then yeah he probably isn't anywhere close to 24% BF. But if he is benching 225, squatting 250, and deadlifting 300 then it wouldn't be unreasonable to think he could be 24% BF with those height/weight stats. Also consider how the OP said he got to his current weight (overeating ice cream, pizza, etc). This guy might have been a lean 6'3 218 lbs at one point and then just added 20 lbs of fat from a bad diet to get to 238.