PDA

View Full Version : Realistic to think i can bulk 30lbs with VERY simple workout/diet LOOK!

kevind345
06-30-2009, 08:27 PM
23 yo 5-10 small build, 170lbs, maybe 13-14%BF at this point (ive been saying im going to get serious about this for like 2 years)

If I stick to a MWF full body workout which would include bench/dead/squat, plus maybe 3-4 more exercises, prob back and triceps, while eating a lot, just making sure I hit my calorie mark each day(2700-3000?), and not getting to mixed up in all the details, could I theoretically gain about 30 lbs of muscle in 10 weeks? So about 200 some pounds (wow sounds big for me) then id cut slow probably 1-2 pounds a week? anyways give your feedback, thanks

Incase anyone does reply to this thread lol, my goals are simple, to throw on 25-30 pounds of muscle and cut so i look something like Ed norton in american history X(yeah laugh it up if you want) so obviously id cut it off then and just maintain, i have no desire to be huge, just a normal strong/fit size, just keep this in mind.

Last work out (long time ago)

Bench : 160 max
Squat : Never attempted to squat more than 250lbs

dynamo
06-30-2009, 08:44 PM
Well from the sounds of it, it doesn't seem lik eyou have the dedication to gain much mass. Go lift heavier and see how that works.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
07-01-2009, 01:12 AM
could I theoretically gain about 30 lbs of muscle in 10 weeks?
No..

fuzzy123
07-01-2009, 05:26 AM
no..

wtf? U lier the ads dont lie!

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
07-01-2009, 12:32 PM
wtf? U lier the ads dont lie!
What kind of crack are you on? You can't gain 30 pounds of muscle in 10 weeks. You'd be hard-pressed to do that even on AAS.

Trainwreck
07-01-2009, 12:51 PM
You can gain 30lbs in 10 weeks but roughly 25% of that will be muscle (assuming you put on 3 lbs of lean muscle mass in 4 weeks). Train hard and keep your diet in check and you'll see gains, 30lbs of lean muscle in 10 weeks is just absurd.

Gymjunkie
07-01-2009, 12:57 PM
Some people get really lucky and gain a lot on newbie gains and 30lbs in 2,5months might be possible. But don't count on it.. It's rare rare exception... Most of the time gain 2lbs a month and it is great (of muscle, anything more is fat)..

Big Jay
07-01-2009, 02:06 PM
gain about 30 lbs of muscle in 10 weeks
30 lbs in 10 weeks - yes.
30 lbs of muscle in 10 weeks - no... unless you're arnold schwarzenegger's illegitimate son and have a buddy who's a pharmacist.

TXslapshot
07-04-2009, 06:53 PM
Not gonna happen. Give yourself time to make these goals. Im close to 20lbs away from my goal and im giving myself over a year to reach 200. Now thats do-able. Aim high but not absurdly high to where you cant do anything but fail bud.

jAy_Dub
07-04-2009, 09:48 PM
You might as well come to grips with reality, you'd be VERY lucky to gain 10 lbs of muscle in 10 weeks. That'd be with a good diet, and judging by your expectations then I'm going to take a crazy guess that you really dont know what a good diet is. (if you did then you would know it could NOT gain you 30 lbs of muscle in 10 weeks).

To think that you could gain 30 lbs in 10 weeks is like a slap in the face to anyone who's busted their ass in the gym for years at a time. We'd all be walking around at 400 lbs with 10% bf.

backdraft005
07-05-2009, 06:41 AM
I remember when i started weightlifting at age 14-15, i gained, 20-30 pounds of muscle one summer. but that was then, if you still young like me 23-24, you can still gain muscle pretty fast but no where like you could in the preteen ages 14 to 16, but you have to work for each pound of fat lost and muscle gained every step of the way.

Goodwinm
07-05-2009, 09:26 AM
30lbs in 10 weeks yes but not all of muscle. **** that!
Like Scarz said even on AAS you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who has gained that much muscle in such a short space of time.

I wouldn't worry too much about gaining fat. Get to the size you want and then start slimming down.

Skalami
07-05-2009, 09:59 AM
scarz, i think fuzzy was being sarcastic. Also in the beginning for working out i wouldnt focus on going up in your body weight but going up in lifts.

Damn jay dub you seem mad at the guy. I dont get how him believing he can gain 30lbs in 10 weeks is a slap in the face to anyone... its just wrong..not really insulting to anyone. Unless he was putting you down for you not thinking it was possible. Seems kinda insecure to get offended because someone else has some lofty goals and doesnt know what he's talking about.

jAy_Dub
07-05-2009, 11:18 AM
scarz, i think fuzzy was being sarcastic. Also in the beginning for working out i wouldnt focus on going up in your body weight but going up in lifts.

Damn jay dub you seem mad at the guy. I dont get how him believing he can gain 30lbs in 10 weeks is a slap in the face to anyone... its just wrong..not really insulting to anyone. Unless he was putting you down for you not thinking it was possible. Seems kinda insecure to get offended because someone else has some lofty goals and doesnt know what he's talking about.

I dont mean to come off as a prick, and I'm not mad at anyone, nor am I insecure. I mean do you guys truly know what 30 lbs of lean pure muscle looks like? Not water weight from eating more, not fat, but pure LEAN muscle?

jAy_Dub
07-05-2009, 11:20 AM
I wouldn't worry too much about gaining fat. Get to the size you want and then start slimming down.

Why not just take it slow and not have to worry about cutting away the fat later on?? Unless you absolutely know what you're doing dieting wise, with fat loss comes some muscle loss, and then you're not much further ahead then where you began in the first place. Just my .02

Oh and to the OP, you should post your complete diet plan so we can have a look at it.

Optimum08
07-07-2009, 09:16 AM
Dude, its sooooooo simple to just 'throw on' 25-30 lbs. of pure muscle (LBM). Just use all Muscletech products and you can gain that easily and not have to watch what you eat!

/sarcasm.

samadhi_smiles
07-07-2009, 10:31 AM
If you are 14% bodyfat then I would cut some fat before you do a mass gaining cycle. Your hormonal profile will be much more advantageous to your muscle-gaining goals if you are 9-10% compared to your current bodyfat. JMO.