PDA

View Full Version : Complexcarb or not before workout.

godofthunder
07-01-2009, 05:52 AM
iv been looking int to the T.N.T diet lately and i have 2 questions.

1. has any one personal experience of it?
2. The carbs your are supose to eat prior and after a workout, should they be complex or not?

Transformer
07-01-2009, 11:40 AM
I remember reading a thread where skelator03 said he had experience with the TNT diet.

Time+Patience
07-02-2009, 04:31 AM
Short answer...

1. I have experience with it, so far about 3-4 weeks. I've followed a diet similar to Plan A one year ago.
2. No you won't want to take in any complex Carbohydrates pre-workout. Just allow any carbs to be the ones that come naturally in your veggies.

More explanation...

The TNT Diet has a few variations, but the type of diet I am currently following falls in line with Plan A, which is basically a Low Carb, Med-High Fat, and Med-High Protein diet.

The idea behind Plan A on TNT, is to have your body adapt to using Fat as it's main energy source. Instead of always living off of Carbohydrates, like most people do, TNT has you running off of Fat, which is also has a heavier caloric base.

I've noticed that on the diet my energy levels are quite well, which it has stated happens often with those who follow the diet.

The Plan A diet would not recommend taking in any carbs before your workout, except for the one's that come naturally in your veggies.

I've noticed my energy levels are still high for my workouts, even though I'm not taking in any carbs pre-workout.

I also don't take in any excess carbs post-workout, except the 10 grams that are in my Protein powder.

I'm satisfied with my results thus far. If you want to I can show you the type of diet that I have been following. I have lost about 1 LB per week, which is ideal depending on your BF %. My strength is still the same, and I don't believe I've lost any muscle.

godofthunder
07-02-2009, 05:15 AM
That be great!

Has not eating carbs before and after your work outs not resaulted in a dramatic decrease in strenght?

Time+Patience
07-02-2009, 05:53 AM
That be great!

Has not eating carbs before and after your work outs not resaulted in a dramatic decrease in strenght?

I'm not scientific and to the T with every aspect of my diet, but I follow the most basic guidelines of TNT.

Like I've said, I have had great energy for many workouts while eatting like this, carb depleted for the majority of the week.

Remember that there is a Carb up day, since your body will be carb depleted for 6 days straight, you need to have one day where you eat heavy on carbs, like rice, potatoes, oatmeal, things like that.

I've had some sub-par workouts, but I think it was due to the workout not what I ate, like a workout of 10 set Squats, which would have killed me with a carb up meal or no carb up meal.

Hopefully you can stay with the diet and you will see solid results.

Don't fall in love with the scale either, I'm having trouble getting that out of my head as my Bodyweight has only dropped maybe 5 pounds in over a month. My progress has been solid though, as I haven't lost much in measurements, except for what I believe is the fat being lost. I believe my overall muscle mass is pretty much the same as it was a few weeks ago.

If you want to I started an online jounal in the Online Journal section (obviously, where else would it be) and I have some progress pictures in there from within 3 weeks and you can see a definite difference in Before and After progress.

godofthunder
07-02-2009, 07:03 AM
ive been really striket on my carb intake for the past 2 weeks.
ive been experiencing sweaty outbreaks during the nights since, a friend of mine told me that might be because of the lack of carbs.

Is this a known problem?

Jayfive
07-03-2009, 09:06 AM
ive been really striket on my carb intake for the past 2 weeks.
ive been experiencing sweaty outbreaks during the nights since, a friend of mine told me that might be because of the lack of carbs.

Is this a known problem?

I had some problems like this while I was doing no/low carb days but they eventually passed as I got used to the limited intake. Is this 2 weeks solid you're talking about or are you cycling and just experiencing this on low days?

godofthunder
07-03-2009, 01:55 PM
im still experiencing. Its benn pretty solid, 50-100 gr carbs per day.

bamazav
07-04-2009, 03:04 PM
I have successfully used TNT to lose weight and to build muscle. TNT has a few different plans, based upon your goals. Every one starts on plan A for 4 weeks. This plan does not use carbs pre or post workout. After that first 4 week period you choose to either stay on plan A or move to another plan. Some plans allow pre or post carbs some don't. I have tried both, pre and post plans, while on TNT. My personal experience has been that the carbs have been more of a hindrance than a help. Once my body is used to the low carbs, sweets and other fast acting carbs, mess up my insides. I even have to be careful with the complex carbs. I have found I am extremely carb sensitive.

I would encourage you to read Chris Mason's review (http://www.wannabebig.com/diet-and-nutrition/mens-health-targeted-nutrition-tactics-diet-book-review/) of TNT. If you have not purchased the book, I would strongly encourage you to purchase the book, it is worth the investment. The workouts are great fat burning workouts.