PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a football bar

slashkills
07-01-2009, 11:37 AM
Ive been looking on craigslist in my area with no luck and i dont want to spend a ton on a new one. Anyone on here have one they might like to get rid of? You can shoot me a PM or post here and we can discuss the price, shipping and such. Thanks

WillNoble
07-01-2009, 11:44 AM
Talk to Alan from Pitbull equipment, he made ours... CHEAP

http://www.marunde-muscle.com/pitbull.html

slashkills
07-01-2009, 12:18 PM
Thanks

Tom Mutaffis
07-01-2009, 12:59 PM
I just did a quick search and it looks similar to a "log bar".

Getting someone to fabricate one for you might be a good idea - I have bought things from Pitbull before.

If not there are a few companies that make them. What is your budget for the equipment?

Ben Moore
07-01-2009, 02:06 PM
I just did a quick search and it looks similar to a "log bar".

Getting someone to fabricate one for you might be a good idea - I have bought things from Pitbull before.

If not there are a few companies that make them. What is your budget for the equipment?

We have one of the pitbull swiss/football bars. It's the most well made piece of equipment I've ever seen. Highly recommend. Alan does equipment building as a second business, so keep after him if he hasn't gotten back to you in a couple days. He does great work.

slashkills
07-01-2009, 08:03 PM
He responded quick and is drawing something up for me. Do you guys happen to remember how much you paid for yours?

Tom- i dont really have a set price in mind. If i have to pay almost $300 from elitefts i will but if i can get it cheaper obviously i will. Especially since i dont have a job yet.

Swiss bar = football bar right? cause thats really what im looking for.

Ben Moore
07-01-2009, 08:11 PM
Yeah theyre the same. SK, what I pay and what everyone else pays are not always the same ;)

slashkills
07-01-2009, 08:31 PM
Haha, i see.

Travis Bell
07-01-2009, 08:42 PM
The grips are different between the swiss and football bar.

The football bar has the grips at an angle. Not sure if that's a big deal to you or not though.

I've found the football bar to be a lot harder, but if you're just looking for the best you can get, I'm sure the swiss bar will do the job

slashkills
07-01-2009, 08:49 PM
What does that do to your forearms? that sounds really uncomfortable. Im looking to get stronger obviously so harder is better. Ive already given alan from pitbulk the swiss bar info so if i get one from him it will be parallel grips.

Travis Bell
07-01-2009, 08:57 PM
It's actually more comfortable on your wrists if you use the close grip much (which I do) but it also really forces you to hold on to the bar tight and work on stability. I'm not sure why but the bar is much more mobile when it has the grips like that.

slashkills
07-01-2009, 09:12 PM
Could it be easier on the biceps with angled grips? When i do DB curls if i hold the DB like its a hammer(hammer curls, just realised what they were lol) compared to a barbell curl, the hammer curls are easier(for me)

fit2fight
07-02-2009, 12:55 AM
Why a football bar online? I mean you can just order it from your local Sports vendor..!! You shall save a lot of shipping cost.

slashkills
07-02-2009, 05:13 PM
No one sells them or i would. Ive checked sports authority, mc sports, used sporting goods stores.

barbell01
07-02-2009, 06:10 PM
i think newyorkbarbells.com sells them for pretty cheap. less than 200 i think.

slashkills
07-02-2009, 06:36 PM
thanks ill check it out