PDA

View Full Version : Texas power bar feedback

SGT ROCK
07-01-2009, 02:04 PM
Whats your take, is it THE best DL bar?

Semper Fi

Pete22
07-01-2009, 03:00 PM
I've only used the Texas DL bar at meets, and it's awesome. The knurling is sharp and the bar has a nice give to it. For an all-purpose bar, I like my Jesup power bar over the Texas, a little bit thicker but great knurling and rock solid.

dgunnermuro
07-01-2009, 03:03 PM
If you like the flex and deep knurl, it's about as good as a DL bar gets. Some like the stiffer Ivanko powerbar. Never tried an Okie.

My vote is for the Texas DL bar.

Ryan Bracewell
07-01-2009, 03:48 PM
From what I understand the TX DL bar is what is used in most powerlifting meets, so in my mind its better to have the same bar that will be in competition whether you like it or not. It takes a little getting used to but I like it now that I have used it a bit.

SGT ROCK
07-08-2009, 06:25 PM
After much deliberation, I am going with the special WABDL DL BAR. I am unsure of who makes it, but Gus has them specially made. The fact that really cemented me choosing it is that it is the bar that is used at the Worlds, so train how you compete so to speak. I will get a chance to use the bar several times before the show. My next bar, however, will be a Texas DL bar as the feedback I have heard has been all good, and I have used it, although it has been a while, I do remember it being a great bar. For those that have used Gus's bar what is your opinion on it? I do remembe the knurling SHREDDED my callouses but on the upside there was NO WAY you were going to drop that bar! Thanks for all the feedback.

Semper Fi

The Professor
07-09-2009, 09:28 PM
:tuttut: With the way Gus has the knurling done you won't drop the bar. He also has the bar made with a slightly smaller diameter than an Okie thus it allows the bar to be a little longer and this will give it a little more "whip".

mastermonster
07-09-2009, 09:49 PM
The Texas DL bar gets my vote.

Reko
07-09-2009, 10:02 PM
I would give it a thumbs up.