PDA

View Full Version : Am I doing it wrong?

pablonba
07-02-2009, 02:35 PM
Hey guys, here's my thing:
I'm 200 lbs but with almost 20% bodyfat, and i want to decrease it. Id like to be like 13-15% bf.
I re-started SS a week ago, but im eating less calories and less carbs than usual (because i want my bf to decrease). And, by the way, i ain't doing cardio. I cant do cardio for 1 week.

So as you can see my dream plan is to weight 200 lbs at 14% bf, but im actually 20%.

Am i doing wright? Or should i go to 210 lbs and then come down doing cardio and i cutting routine? What should i do?

Please help! Thanks in advance.

Pav
07-02-2009, 05:06 PM
Im in the same stage except I was 210 at 20%.. im cutting down to 10%.. 4rth week into the cut right now.. I dont do any cardio, I just eat a little below maintenance and lift 3 times a week.. And Starting Strength is fine for cutting.. Just make sure your diet is in check and your getting enough protein

Edit.. Im eating low carbs on my diet as well.. Heres my cutting diet just to give you an idea of what im eating

Meal 1:

1 Scoop Protein Shake… Peanuts... Tuna

Meal 2:

6 egg Omlette (1 yolk)... Milk… Peanuts

Meal 3:

Chicken Breast… Broccoli…1 Scoop Protein Shake

Meal 4:

Chicken Breast… Lettuce… Cucumber

Meal 5:

1./2 Cup Cottage Cheese… Broccoli, 3 egg Omlette (1 yolk)

Meal 6:

Chicken Breast… 1 scoop Protein Shake

= Roughly 2500 calories

Trainwreck
07-02-2009, 06:31 PM
Keep your protein intake high, as long as you're training hard you should see little to no muscle loss while you burn the fat. Cut your calories by 500 or so (which will give you approx. -1lb per week) Try eating most of your carbs in the morning or pwo and avoid them at night, especially sugars.
When you can start doing cardio, start with Steady State and work your way to HIIT 2-3 times a week for 30 minutes a day (warm up - cool down included).
Biggest thing is making sure your diet is in check and that you're consistently eating well, remember that the cut happens in the kitchen.
Good luck.

tom183
07-03-2009, 06:53 AM
Or should i go to 210 lbs and then come down doing cardio and i cutting routine?

Thats what I'd do. Except I think you meant to say a cutting 'diet' not a cutting 'routine'.

hankey
07-11-2009, 07:38 AM
yaa i think its wrong