PDA

View Full Version : Ammonia Caps

Andre518
07-02-2009, 11:55 PM
I was wondering what you guys thought about Ammonia Caps. I never used them before but was thinking of getting a box and trying them on a heavy lift day.

CleverName
07-03-2009, 12:54 AM
They're not for everyone. I don't feel they help me make the lift really, but it gives you a quick wake up call.

Travis Bell
07-03-2009, 03:53 AM
I usually feel like I could walk through a brick wall when I use a cap, but the bad part is it makes me stop thinking. Benching and squatting are so technical, you need to think about what you are doing.

They seem to be alright for deadlifting though.

barbell01
07-03-2009, 08:00 AM
right on travis.

blownby
07-03-2009, 08:00 AM
I like them all around for meets. They definitly help get you motivated & awake.

start w/ an easy hit from far away. if you want more work it closer to your nose and sniff deeper.

The more you do the more comfortable you'll get with them too

Iron Disciple
07-03-2009, 09:09 AM
I remember being called up next in a Strongman comp. ( the event was odd stone lifts ) and taking too big of a hit ( sniff ) of Ammonia ... ****, I had tears streaming down my face and my eyes were so damn watery I couldn't see which stone I had to try to lift first ! LOL ! But, yeah, they get you going ... after I came to I felt like a superhero. :)

Brian Hopper
07-03-2009, 09:51 AM
I like them. sometimes i will put one in a small bottle and that makes it alot stronger.

robchris
07-03-2009, 05:12 PM
I usually feel like I could walk through a brick wall when I use a cap, but the bad part is it makes me stop thinking. Benching and squatting are so technical, you need to think about what you are doing.

They seem to be alright for deadlifting though.

Agreed! I use them on the DL alot, but not on thr BP or Squat...

It gets me sooo hyped I lose focus on technique.

evilxxx
07-06-2009, 05:02 PM
I use them once in a while for heavy DL... just like Travis.. I stop thinking and feel like i can walk thru a brick wall. Thats why i do not use them for benching, and only a little hit for Squat... For Deads I exhale all air and pop the cap then i inhale with the cap right at my nose and its like a 250 shot of nitrous on a little 4 cilinder. hehe!

Ron C
07-07-2009, 09:15 AM
I love ammonia caps. We have a running joke here that if anything gets injured, all you need to do is rub some blue heat on it and pop a cap. The ultimate in rehab!!

rabiddog
07-07-2009, 09:23 AM
I used to buy it in a little vile so I could just unscrew the lid and put it back on.

Jesse Hernandez
07-07-2009, 11:12 PM
I hit ammonia when at all possible. I dont really think it affects your thinking ability. It really just clears your head, but I guess its different for everyone. I've always been able to keep composure even under the most extreme circumstances. So I can take like 3 or 4 hits before squat and get hype and still listen to commands. Its a great tool for me! If I get just the right slap and a big sniff im gonna PR by 35lbs!

LVboxer
07-07-2009, 11:19 PM
I wish i could get a few caps and try instead of waisting $ on a whole bottle lol

Jesse Hernandez
07-07-2009, 11:19 PM
I use them once in a while for heavy DL... just like Travis.. I stop thinking and feel like i can walk thru a brick wall. Thats why i do not use them for benching, and only a little hit for Squat... For Deads I exhale all air and pop the cap then i inhale with the cap right at my nose and its like a 250 shot of nitrous on a little 4 cilinder. hehe!

Not exactly, a 250 shot would kill a 4 cylinder car. Maybe a 150 on a v8?!