PDA

View Full Version : playing too much basketaball

squathard23
07-03-2009, 01:48 AM
I'm doing the Vertical Jump Bible and im on week 5, i play basketball 3 times a weeks 2-3 hours a day (playing 3 on 3 and full court games). I usually play basketball the day after my workouts and the day before. Is this going to hinder my results in vertical jump or will this be fine?

schmitty199
07-03-2009, 06:14 PM
I'm doing the Vertical Jump Bible and im on week 5, i play basketball 3 times a weeks 2-3 hours a day (playing 3 on 3 and full court games). I usually play basketball the day after my workouts and the day before. Is this going to hinder my results in vertical jump or will this be fine?

Im guessing you want to increase your vertical to help with basketball right? So therefore playing as much basketball as possible is going to help you more then anything. And it really shouldnt make any difference on your vertical gains, if anything it should help.

ljs102
07-03-2009, 06:49 PM

Did you read the section where he talks about how elite basketball players have high vertical jumps but don't seem to have to work for it? It's because they are playing all the time, therefore practicing jumping all the time. Keep ballin' it up. :indian:

slashkills
07-03-2009, 08:20 PM
Doesnt VJB outline a seperate routine for people more active or atleast give guidlines? I think i remember something like that.

fit2fight
07-07-2009, 10:04 PM
daily i do play basketball and iam playing it since 6 years and when i started it i was just 5foot 4 inches and now iam 6 foot 1 inch and i think basket ball is the best game to keep us fit in all aspects
thank you.