PDA

View Full Version : 5/3/1...

djenkins76
07-03-2009, 12:33 PM
Has anyone tried incorporating any of the westside methods or exercises into the 5/3/1 program. I have read defranco has begun to do so with his guys. If anyone has could you help on on incorporating it into my current program. I have been running 5/3/1 for 4 waves now, and i switch between boring but big and dave tates perodization assistance work. But i would love to add some west side stuff into the program to keep my body guessing weekly.

Andre518
07-03-2009, 12:52 PM
Great question I was thinking the same thing I just got the west side book a few days ago and Im starting my 3rd wave of 5/3/1 on monday. i would like to see how this post plays out.

djenkins76
07-03-2009, 01:00 PM
My first wave i did dumb presses with bands..i have a problem with off the chest... so i have been trying to work on that alot. i can bench more by pausing one or 2 inches off the chest, my single board and double board are probably 55 to 65 pounds better than my off the chest. . So i have be doing alot of 3 second pause benching.

slashkills
07-03-2009, 01:09 PM
Using bands wont improve strength right of your chest. They release tension on you chest and improve lockout. DB benching is a good way to build strength of your chest.

geoffsherman
07-03-2009, 01:19 PM
Has anyone tried incorporating any of the westside methods or exercises into the 5/3/1 program. I have read defranco has begun to do so with his guys. If anyone has could you help on on incorporating it into my current program. I have been running 5/3/1 for 4 waves now, and i switch between boring but big and dave tates perodization assistance work. But i would love to add some west side stuff into the program to keep my body guessing weekly.

There is plenty of flexibility in the program to do what you want as far as the assistance part of WEstside. If you are referring the ME or DE work, that doesn't fit 5/3/1.