PDA

View Full Version : Wanting to add lbs; worried about unwanted fat

SilkyJ
07-03-2009, 09:00 PM
I've been lifting 3 days a week for 6 solid months, and despite being a naturally skinny guy with a high metabolism, I added about 25 lbs in 5 months. The problem was, during that time, I also added a layer of fat around my midsection. To compensate, over the last month I have cut down some unnecessary calories on my non-work out days and started running a mile and a half on those days as well. This has worked well in that the fat layer is decreasing, but not I'm quite worried that I am seriously hurting the amount of muscle I am putting on (my weight has stayed still).

Now, I want to start on Atlarge's Maximum Mass Stack, but I'm afraid I will regain the fat layer. Is this just an unwanted side-effect that I have to deal with, or what? Thanks guys.

VikingWarlord
07-03-2009, 09:19 PM
You won't gain muscle without adding bodyfat. Fact of life.

Trainwreck
07-03-2009, 10:47 PM
You could clean bulk or bulk slower and put on minimal amounts of fat. Problem with that is you might not be putting on as much muscle mass as your genes will allow, eat to grow. Don't worry about the fat, its not enough and you're not gaining it fast enough to get out of shape before realizing it.

bass slayer
07-04-2009, 08:25 AM
All you need to worry about now is gaining the muscle and making sure your eating enough. Once you get to where you want to be, you start your cut. When you cut, thats when you get rid of all that extra fat. Dont worry about it now.