PDA

View Full Version : How lat can breakfast be?

BG5150
07-03-2009, 09:11 PM
I know breakfast is the most important meal of the day.

But "when is breakfast?"

If I get up at 7, can I have breakfast when I get to work at 8:30? Or should I have some on the way at 8:00? Or at 7:45, right around the time I leave. Or around 7:15 when I'm getting out of bed?

When is it too late?

Trainwreck
07-03-2009, 09:44 PM
Some people say within 45 minutes of waking up, others argue that it does not matter. Personally, I have breakfast within 20 minutes of waking up...or however long it takes for bacon and eggs to cook.

davidscott
07-04-2009, 01:20 AM
I take after 1 hour waking up...

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
07-04-2009, 03:26 AM
You are "fasting" when you are sleeping... a period of not eating for 8 hours or however long you sleep. Breakfast literally means "breaking" your "fast". So whatever meal you eat first in the day is your breakfast... doesn't really matter when. Just don't make your first meal 5 in the afternoon. I personally have to wait a while before eating my first meal because it takes my stomach a while to wake up in order to digest breakfast properly.

VikingWarlord
07-04-2009, 10:54 AM
What an odd question. There isn't really an answer for it.

Unreal
07-04-2009, 05:16 PM
I eat my first food at noon. I wake up at 5:30.

TXslapshot
07-04-2009, 06:48 PM
I'd say eat as soon as your stomach can handle it. I know it takes me a while before I can eat, unless of course I wake and bake then I can eat whenever. :smoke:

tom183
07-04-2009, 11:48 PM
I eat my first food at noon. I wake up at 5:30.

Really? How come?

KingWilder
07-05-2009, 09:45 AM
Doesn't matter

ever heard of Intermittent Fasting? There were days I would wake up at 7am and wouldn't even eat my first meal until noon or 1PM

wadup
07-05-2009, 07:25 PM
Wouldn't this depend on the person? For example: I can't eat as soon as I wake up or my stomach will hurt, so I wait an hour or so.

Skalami
07-06-2009, 07:38 AM
it seems like theirs a lot of different thoughts on this. The common knowledge i thought was asap after waking up. If not immediatly then soon after. But some people like myself just dont like to have a big meal first thing in the morning... after seeing some of the posts here i feel a little better about it.

If anything i have a small glass of a protein sup with less liquid with my coffee then around 10-11 have a bigger meal. It seems like maybe its more important to have eaten later at night within a few hours before bed (have protein digesting in you anyways) then to eat first thing in the morning for muscle building/reduced loss.

im curious though, of the people who dont like eating first thing... were you former fattys? I was and maybe its just been ingrained in us not to want to have something big first thing.

getting there
07-06-2009, 08:40 AM
I wake up at 6am and I usually eat by 6:30 or so. I've never really had a problem with waiting to eat after I wake up. I am always ready to eat :)

mchicia1
07-06-2009, 09:26 AM
it seems like theirs a lot of different thoughts on this. The common knowledge i thought was asap after waking up. If not immediatly then soon after. But some people like myself just dont like to have a big meal first thing in the morning... after seeing some of the posts here i feel a little better about it.

If anything i have a small glass of a protein sup with less liquid with my coffee then around 10-11 have a bigger meal. It seems like maybe its more important to have eaten later at night within a few hours before bed (have protein digesting in you anyways) then to eat first thing in the morning for muscle building/reduced loss.

im curious though, of the people who dont like eating first thing... were you former fattys? I was and maybe its just been ingrained in us not to want to have something big first thing.

I cannot for the life of me eat a large meal as soon as I wake up. What I do is drink my 400 cal shake...then I digest this on my hour long ride to work THEN I have my breakfast at my desk.

Unreal
07-06-2009, 10:48 AM
Really? How come?

IF. I am not hungry in the morning so I save my calories for around training and at night when I could eat a horse.

fit2fight
07-07-2009, 10:06 PM
i take break fast two hours after i got up from bed and then have milk and then go out
thank you.

marlena
07-19-2009, 11:04 AM
I think it doesn't matter when have a breakfast. Eat every morning some banans and later normal food