PDA

View Full Version : does being sleep deprived affect your appetite?

purenikebball
07-04-2009, 10:21 AM
I've noticed for the past 3 weeks since I've become consistently sleep deprived that my appetite is non-existent.

I usally eat quite a good amount (can't say for certain because I don't count calories) but I was maintaining about 155 lbs at 5'8" working out three days a week with compound lifts. Now in about a month I've dropped 11 lbs.

I've only had time to workout on the weekends two times a week and whenever I try to eat it makes me want to throw up. Is that normal when suddenly changing your body's natural clock?

I've been trying to start going to sleep at 8pm or 9pm and waking up at 6am so my body gets used to the schedule. I'm hoping that will bring my appetite back. Any other suggestions?

TXslapshot
07-04-2009, 06:52 PM
Yes sleep will deprive your appetite and depriving your body of sleep with deprive your body of the crucial time it needs to rebuild the muscles your tearing. Sleep more and youll see a dramatic difference in your diet and your gains as well.

dropshot001
07-06-2009, 10:05 AM
i've found that it does for me

Mercuryblade
07-06-2009, 10:17 AM
I can subist (unhappily) on pretty low amounts of sleep, but some weeks, when I'm getting 3-4 hours a night a few nights in a row, I will wake up feeling like I'm hungover, and quite nauseous.

rainersullivan
07-07-2009, 01:54 AM
never had any problems in those areas, but now that you've mentioned it, i will certainly watch myself.

KarlMarx
07-07-2009, 07:54 AM
That weird. When I am sleep deprived I eat more. I always thought that it was to make up for the extra energy I was burning.

Of course if its meth that's keeping you up, you will lose you appetite (and teeth which won't help your diet either). :evillaugh:

Holto
07-07-2009, 10:32 AM
That weird. When I am sleep deprived I eat more.

Me too. I think this is the #1 reason thermo's are effective at curbing appetite.