PDA

View Full Version : Two Meet Questions

Andre518
07-05-2009, 03:58 PM
So I will be doing my 1st meet in nov. There is an option to lift in two federation AAPF and 100% RAW how does this work do I lift in both or do my lifts go towards both feds?

Also not that I need to know right now but how does one get into championship meets? Do you have to wins a certain amount of regular meets 1st?

jthomas
07-05-2009, 06:06 PM
Lift AAPF. Then you have the choice to wear equipment or not. Meets are usually a blast.

Andre518
07-05-2009, 09:55 PM
Right now I only lift RAW so I was wondering how that would work if I lifted in both federations. Would I have to 3 of each lift for each federation or would my 3 lifts go to each one?

Jesse Hernandez
07-05-2009, 10:42 PM
Right now I only lift RAW so I was wondering how that would work if I lifted in both federations. Would I have to 3 of each lift for each federation or would my 3 lifts go to each one?

You would not get 6 attempts, only 3. And they would go for both divisions.

Andre518
07-05-2009, 10:45 PM
Thanks Hernandez that is what I was thinking but just wanted to make sure.

Now can someone let me know what you need to do to qualify for a championship meet?

theBarzeen
07-06-2009, 10:08 AM
the best way in to a good meet is to do a state meet.... post a good total..... then go on to national or worlds.......

if you have a respectable total posted in a meet already you might be able to get in to a bigger meet by emailing Amy Jackson ( APF or AAPF) and seeing if there are any slots open.....

MarcusWild
07-06-2009, 11:25 AM
The big raw meet is the raw unity meet. There are minimum qualifying totals. I'm not sure what they are, but I'm sure you can google to find them.

Jeff Garvin
07-06-2009, 12:58 PM
So I will be doing my 1st meet in nov. There is an option to lift in two federation AAPF and 100% RAW how does this work do I lift in both or do my lifts go towards both feds?

Also not that I need to know right now but how does one get into championship meets? Do you have to wins a certain amount of regular meets 1st?

Is this meet in Brattleboro, VT? If so, I was thinking about doing it this year. I went to it last year to watch!!

Andre518
07-06-2009, 01:00 PM
Is this meet in Brattleboro, VT? If so, I was thinking about doing it this year. I went to it last year to watch!!

No I was gonna do that one its is Oct 17 but I didn't want to drag my girlfriend out there for her bday weekend. The on I am doing is November 8, 2009
Old School Iron Wars YMCA Burlington, VT 100% RAW, AAPF and AAU ( raw and equipped)