PDA

View Full Version : Your own digusting protein meals/recipes that you personally love

Skalami
07-07-2009, 07:23 AM
Ok so i wanted to know what are some things people here make in their quest to get more protein in their diet (or just a healthy meal) that some people would think is disgusting. Im going to start it off with what i think will be the king of disgusting meals that are made at first i just stumbled onto it. My brother had went fishing and had about 3 freezer bags of striper bass that he didnt want, well he did but im better at cooking it so he gave it to me and i would cook it for myself and him as time went on. Anyways we made some the first night and had leftovers. Then the next day i went shopping and found some muscle salad (muscles with olive oil and peppers) it was a small serving. So i got home and started making a mixture to use the fish i had left over.

I took broccoli, cabbage, onions, shallots (onions), red and green peppers, chopped spinach, a can of tuna fish, the muscle salad, the striper bass, imitation crab meat (pollock), a few carrots, hard boiled eggs whites, a can of sardines, some chicken breast meat, a few tbsp of low fat mayo, a ton of garlic powder and minced garlic and some bar-b-q sauce to keep the mixture good for a little longer. Its a big plastic jug full that i eat throughout the week. Yeah... just picture it... one big homogenous mixture of all that with the reek of garlic.

top that.

Brad08
07-07-2009, 07:36 AM
I have experimented with many other typed of extra protein foods. Some I can half-heartedly recommend. Some I condemn completely. I tried one time to drink pure beef blood. This food that many of the old-time strongmen used is quite hard to secure, but I found one meatpacking house that would furnish it for me. Especially in this procedure, one has to have a person that he can trust to secure the blood, and of course to secure it in a sanitary manner, and then be quite discreet in what type animal the blood is taken from. To keep the blood from coagulating I found that a little citric acid mixed with water, previously placed in the container would do the trick.

Sounds yummy

Clifford Gillmore
07-07-2009, 09:14 AM
Heh, the worst i've done was 5 bananas, 4 scoops of whey and one tub of nutella mixed into a goo - then added gelatin and allowed to set over night. It was AWESOME...

deeder
07-07-2009, 09:21 AM
1 large baked potato + 1 can of tuna + a whole lot of frank's red hot sauce = awesome

Not the worst, but people still think I am weird when I bring that for lunch...

Skalami
07-07-2009, 10:31 AM
the nutella recipe sounds awesome, doesnt even seem out of place if it was peanut butter instead of nutella. But i do love nutella. The blood thing sounds sick, does drinking straight blood provide anything useful?

As for what you said deeder, its only weird if youre a skinny guy who does all these strange out of place things, if youre a big dude and "the proof is in the pudding" that this stuff works then whos to knock it.

VikingWarlord
07-07-2009, 01:26 PM
I don't need to do anything disgusting because I know how to cook.

Goodwinm
07-07-2009, 01:26 PM
500g Tub of warm peanut butter. Eat with a spoon. Enjoy.

:)

Oh and of course a 6 pint bottle of milk to wash it down with.

Equates to about 5,000 calories and about 200g of protein. :D

Jayfive
07-07-2009, 02:36 PM
Admittedly not my own doing but this definitely fits the profile:

2 cans of white albacore tuna
1 apple chopped
2 cups water

Blended....

Saw a guy trythis a while back on another forum because he had tuna and thought it would make a good PWO shake. He was wrong. (I was looking for the pictures of this travesty but I can't find them, guess he must have taken them down).

Myself, the grossest thing I've ever done is stuff chicken breast with tuna/veggies blended and then try it in a spicy peanut sauce. It was nasty as hell. Smelled good at first tho.

Clifford Gillmore
07-07-2009, 06:20 PM

I'm OK. I have had fun fiddling with meat enzymes though :)

Songsangnim
07-07-2009, 06:21 PM
the nutella recipe sounds awesome, doesnt even seem out of place if it was peanut butter instead of nutella. But i do love nutella. The blood thing sounds sick, does drinking straight blood provide anything useful?

As for what you said deeder, its only weird if youre a skinny guy who does all these strange out of place things, if youre a big dude and "the proof is in the pudding" that this stuff works then whos to knock it.

Drinking straight blood is not only disgusting, it is unsanitary, unless it is well-boiled.

deeder
07-07-2009, 10:49 PM

I know how to cook as well and I only eat wierd combos when I am dieting. It's generally only because I limit carbs pretty hard and chicken and rice or veggies gets pretty old no matter how many different ways you cook it.

malkore
07-08-2009, 12:04 PM
Anything with canned tuna. I'm not a huge canned tuna fan, but I can handle white albacore ok.

But all my co-worker blow a gasket when I try to eat some tuna, in rice, with veggies.

yet they microwave frozen burritos and lean cuisines that smell like old dog food...how is this any less offensive?!

screw 'em all!

sayagain
07-08-2009, 01:47 PM
I've used my wifes leftover chicken and broccoli from our Chinese carryout the night before for the filling of an omellete. It was delicious with a little cheese.

Ryan Bracewell
07-08-2009, 05:09 PM
Here is what i have been doing for breakfast, and it tastes like liquid Reese's

16oz of 2% milk
3 scoops(60g) of Dymatize Elite Gourmet protein - cookies & cream
2pks of instast oatmel - maple & brown sugar
4 tbsp of regular peanut butter
Crushed Ice - no specific amount.

Im sitting at 290, so the portions for most may need to be lower.