PDA

View Full Version : Micro-Lactin

johnnyo_99
07-08-2009, 01:21 PM
I was looking at ETS and wondered why not just take Micro-Lactin straight? What are the benefits of including C, E, magnesium and zinc along with micro-lactin?

Also, does the source of micro-lactin matter?

Joe Black
07-08-2009, 03:41 PM
You could take Microlactin by itself but we found that it was a superior formula when combined with ZMA, and Vitamins C and E - for recovery and also improved sleep.

It can be said for most supplements that you could go out and purchse the ingredients seperately, but rarely do most because quite frankly it's a pain and a lot of work normally goes into getting the doses exactly right in supplements.

samadhi_smiles
07-10-2009, 08:49 AM
ZMA gives you great sleep. Microlactin prevents inflammation. Together they are a winning combination :)

I would love to see you guys throw in a little pinch of melatonin in that mix :)

although I guess its easy enough to eat a melatonin tab with it if that is what is desired.

Carry on! :)

chris mason
07-12-2009, 06:47 PM
The formula is definitely better than Microlactin alone. I think anyone who has tried both will agree.

samadhi_smiles
07-12-2009, 08:05 PM
^ I've tried both their ALN product and pure bulk microlactin and I concur with Chris's statement.

anonymous1
07-12-2009, 10:05 PM
Does the ZMA work synergistically somehow with the microlactin? ZMA was just a marketing ploy about 10 years ago by Cytodyne Technologies, and had no positive effect on people who weren't deficient in the specific ingredients. 9/10 people took it and noticed nothing, the other 10% had bad diets. I don't get how the microlactin changes that.

So when I see these posts microlactin VS ETC I think marketing ploy, but what I've seen from AtLarge debunks this. whats the deal?

chris mason
07-13-2009, 09:36 AM
Anonymous, not sure what you are referring to. Both zinc and magnesium have independent studies showing they help to support strength training. They also work with Microlactin(R) to enhance its effects, yes. The term "ZMA" is not really accurate when used relative to ETS, but as that is what many people use when referring to zinc and magnesium supplementation, we will sometimes use it simply to aviod a lengthy explanation.

vdizenzo
07-13-2009, 09:58 AM
I was taking magnesium as part of nutrient timing. It plays an important role in muscle fatigue. I also know that zinc helps with healing among its other uses. I was really glad to see them both in ETS. It's less pills I have to deal with for my recuperation regimen. ETS is one of the few supplements I will not go without.

samadhi_smiles
07-13-2009, 10:50 AM
vincent whats your timing for the magnesium? I have a bottle kicking around I wouldn't mind trying out...I didn't notice a difference though with just pure magnesium (ZMA I definitely notice a positive difference in sleep).

vdizenzo
07-13-2009, 11:29 AM
The magnesium I take is in my ALN multi and ETS as well as the zinc. On training days I take them both before and after workouts. On non training days it's in the morning and at night.