PDA

View Full Version : Please critique my At Large weight loss diet

JD76
07-08-2009, 11:29 PM
A little background on myself... Im 33 years old, 5'7", and 166 lbs. My goal is to be a lean, mean 155lbs. I plan to do this by doing cardio everyday and lifting 4-5x a week. I will be using Nitrean, Opticen, Thermocin, Results, and ETS. Im waiting on the ETS and Results to get here. Started using everything else.

My diet looks like this on a typical day:

1) Breakfast: 1/2 cup Oats, 4 egg whites

2) Pre-workout - Nitrean (1 scoop), Thermocin

3) Post Workout - Opticen (3 scoops)

4) PW Meal: 3.5 oz Tilapia or can of Tuna and 1/4 cup Quinoa

5) Nitrean (1 Scoop), Thermocin

6) Dinner: 3.5 oz Tilapia and 1 cup steamed Broccolli/Cauliflower

7) Snack - Handful of Almonds, Sometimes a cup of Grapes... (helps digestion..lol)

Calories: approx. 1500

Fat: 33g

Carbs:114g

Protein: 186g

Once Results and ETS get here, ill add those in....

Please note - my current tub of Opticen is the old formula with 54g of Protein per serving. Once I start my new tub next week, it will drop down to the new formula's 40g of Protein.

What do you think of my diet? Anything you would add or change?

chris mason
07-09-2009, 09:27 AM
I would reduce your total number of "meals" to 4. We will be publishing a article I have written very soon which explains why in detail. For now, suffice it to say it has to do with insulin regulation.

JD76
07-10-2009, 09:48 AM
Thanks Chris... Which meal do you recommend I omit?

Lones Green
07-10-2009, 12:27 PM
Thanks Chris... Which meal do you recommend I omit?

I don't think Chris necessarily means "omit" meals, just combine some of them into bigger meals. 1500 cals doesn't leave you much to omit! haha

BCorn
07-10-2009, 01:08 PM
looks good to me dude. cant get much cleaner than that

Travis Bell
07-10-2009, 01:26 PM
I don't think Chris necessarily means "omit" meals, just combine some of them into bigger meals. 1500 cals doesn't leave you much to omit! haha

Correct, combine several of them into one meal, so that you have 4 total meals in one day, same number of servings though

JD76
07-11-2009, 10:38 AM
Ah ok...

Is this better?

1) Breakfast: 1/2 cup Oats, 4 egg whites, Nitrean (1 scoop),

Pre-workout - Results, Thermocin

2) Post Workout - Opticen (3 scoops)

3) Lunch: 3.5 oz Tilapia or can of Tuna and 1/4 cup Quinoa

4) Dinner: 3.5 oz Tilapia and 1 cup steamed Broccolli/Cauliflower

Bedtime: Nitrean, ETS

Lones Green
07-11-2009, 12:37 PM
Ah ok...

Is this better?

As long as its fitting your caloric needs it'll work just fine, and was what Chris was talking about.

chris mason
07-12-2009, 06:44 PM
Yep!

samadhi_smiles
07-12-2009, 08:07 PM
Are you sure 1,500 calories is what you need? That sounds awfully low to me. I am pretty small (160) but I would shrivel away on that diet. If you lose a bunch of strength on that cut then up the calories. You shouldn't ever sacrifice strength for fat loss imo. If you are then you're doing it wrong and cutting by too much.

JD76
07-13-2009, 12:10 PM
Are you sure 1,500 calories is what you need? That sounds awfully low to me. I am pretty small (160) but I would shrivel away on that diet. If you lose a bunch of strength on that cut then up the calories. You shouldn't ever sacrifice strength for fat loss imo. If you are then you're doing it wrong and cutting by too much.

Im trying to up my calories and stay clean at the same time... I would love to eat more if I could...

If you can suggest some other foods that would up my calories while still helping me lose my spare tire then im all for it... hook a brotha up! :)

Thomson
07-27-2009, 06:21 AM
Hi,

I appreciate your diet plan.

You need balanced Diet is a diet which has adequate amount of all nutrients required for healthy growth and activity. You should not eat too many processed foods.Missing some meals is not good for losing weight. Fresh vegetables are the best choice but cooked vegetables and vegetable juice are also acceptable. Meat and meat alternatives are an important source of protein as well as other vitamins and minerals.

Maurice
07-27-2009, 07:08 AM
Hi,

Nice post on diet.

Milk and cheese are also important.....

Optimum08
07-27-2009, 07:15 AM
Im trying to up my calories and stay clean at the same time... I would love to eat more if I could...

If you can suggest some other foods that would up my calories while still helping me lose my spare tire then im all for it... hook a brotha up! :)

Well how long have you been on this current diet? And have you been losing weight? If you aren't dropping weight on this diet it might be a case where cals are TOO low and the body is just holding onto everything it can.

johnny4ever
07-27-2009, 07:23 AM
Ah ok...

Is this better?

Yup, this is certainly better...

Hi,

I appreciate your diet plan.

You need balanced Diet is a diet which has adequate amount of all nutrients required for healthy growth and activity. You should not eat too many processed foods.Missing some meals is not good for losing weight. Fresh vegetables are the best choice but cooked vegetables and vegetable juice are also acceptable. Meat and meat alternatives are an important source of protein as well as other vitamins and minerals.

I totally agree with your perspective Thomson, Balanced diet is very much important in an absolute diet plan... Neither fasting nor pills work to lose weight... A well balanced diet is a must...

Skelator03
07-31-2009, 09:23 AM
personally i would cut the Opticen less carbs based on your diet would help you be to where you wanna be quicker. Just a personal preference on what i know and what I have read. It looks almost exactly like TNT Diet