PDA

View Full Version : Love the new article on nutrition

muscled
07-09-2009, 07:21 AM
It is refreshing and cuts through a lot of the BS you read in fitness mags these days.

Daniel Roberts
07-10-2009, 12:34 AM
It is refreshing and cuts through a lot of the BS you read in fitness mags these days.

Thank you muscled, that was exactly what I wanted to achieve with it.

I appreciate everyone has to make a living and I welcome advances in technology, whether it's a better tv, or better nutrition protocol, but bodybuilders/strength athletes have been exploited more than most by marketing and the science isn't there to back it up.

Progressive training and consistently eating your total daily intake are the 'secrets' to any physique/athletic goal.

Joe Black
07-10-2009, 12:49 AM
Thanks for the feedback muscled!

For anyone who wants the direct link - Nutrient Timing - When Science and Marketing Collide (http://www.wannabebig.com/diet-and-nutrition/nutrient-timing-when-science-and-marketing-collide/)

muscled
07-10-2009, 09:52 AM
One of the strongest and most "jakt" guys I know is a natty BB. He owns his own gym and supplements his 3 meals a day diet with protein powder only. I have talked with him on a couple of occasions about nutrition and the mag "science" has surfaced in said discussions. He always laughs off the ludicrous and complicated articles. Guy eats eggs for breakfast, chicken things for lunch and fish or steak for dinner. Has the occasional KFC and does little cardio. The article was most refreshing and I wish it could appear in your MF, Flex, Reps and other type mags so as to give the readers some new food for thought -- pun intended. :)