PDA

View Full Version : Wisdom teeth surgery and lifting?

WyztaTrjnsFtbll
07-09-2009, 12:58 PM
i just had my wisdom teeth pulled yesterday and it went very smoothly and there are no after effects and i feel completely fine. they only thing i have is the empty sockets where the teeth used to be. if i feel fine should i still not lift? im picturing puttin up a heavy bench and having blood start squirting out my mouth.

blackboard
07-09-2009, 01:12 PM
You should just chill for a couple of days..... You have a million more years to lift weights.

c3p
07-09-2009, 01:13 PM
I can't foresee that ever happening, so, you should be fine.

Jorge Sanchez
07-09-2009, 01:15 PM
I'm not sure if I made this up or if a doctor once told me, but I think you should probably avoid lifting for at least a couple of days after getting stitches.

suprfast
07-09-2009, 01:21 PM
I wouldnt lift. I tend to make ugly faces when lifting heavy and breathe heavier than normal. Gasping for a lot of air can cause a Vacuum in your sockets causing your pockets to bleed.

Dont take my word for it. I ate a burger and fries the day after i had surgery and let me tell you it was the worst thing ever. I was young and dumb. Take a few days.

Mercuryblade
07-09-2009, 01:32 PM
I can't foresee that ever happening, so, you should be fine.

I had my wisdom teeth out during lacrosse season, and my sockets bled ridiculously when I ran.

berfles
07-09-2009, 01:54 PM
I ripped one of my stitches out with tweezers by accident :(

But yeah, take a day or two off. I think my dentist told me not to lift because of the pressure/possible clenching teeth.

nockits
07-09-2009, 02:17 PM
definitely take some time off. when i had my wisdom teeth pulled out, i took a week off. too much straining/pressure could rip the stitches/wounds.
i'm sure your body would appreciate the rest too.

Clifford Gillmore
07-09-2009, 03:53 PM
Your cheeks will start to swell like a mother ****er soon, and you won't want to lift! Try and keep you BP down...

-JM-
07-09-2009, 03:56 PM
I ripped one of my stitches out with tweezers by accident

What did you actually mean to do with the tweezers? Berfles seriously, you are nuts. What about that time you couldnt shave your legs or something because you hadnt sharpened your bowie knife?

OP, rest up for a few days and let the wounds close. The increased heart rate and blood pressure experienced during lifting will make them bleed for sure.

berfles
07-09-2009, 04:08 PM
What did you actually mean to do with the tweezers? Berfles seriously, you are nuts. What about that time you couldnt shave your legs or something because you hadnt sharpened your bowie knife?

OP, rest up for a few days and let the wounds close. The increased heart rate and blood pressure experienced during lifting will make them bleed for sure.

Hahaha.

I thought I had a piece of food stuck in one of the gaping holes where the tooth was, so I grabbed it and yanked and felt the stitch rip right out. It burned.

As for the legs thing, I think I shaved my upper thighs with my knife so I could see the stretchmarks better :)

ZenMonkey
07-09-2009, 04:10 PM
Hahaha.

I thought I had a piece of food stuck in one of the gaping holes where the tooth was, so I grabbed it and yanked and felt the stitch rip right out. It burned.

As for the legs thing, I think I shaved my upper thighs with my knife so I could see the stretchmarks better :)

Dude, youre a freak. :hello:

Dingus
07-09-2009, 04:37 PM
i think I took like 2-3 days and was fine. I'm stupid though, take the whole week light either way.

Songsangnim
07-09-2009, 09:07 PM
Hahaha.

(covers eyes with one hand while groping blindly for the mouse with the other to navigate away from this thread)

If only mental images were as easy to get rid of...

Travis Bell
07-09-2009, 09:11 PM
I went into the gym the day after my surgery and did a DE bench workout. It's really not that big of a deal. Just suck it up and push through it

You just have to be careful not to hold your breath real hard and push with a lot of force because if you push the blood clots out of the holes, you'll get dry sockets which is extremely painful because the holes start to cave in.

evilxxx
07-09-2009, 10:25 PM
I went into the gym the day after my surgery and did a DE bench workout. It's really not that big of a deal. Just suck it up and push through it

You just have to be careful not to hold your breath real hard and push with a lot of force because if you push the blood clots out of the holes, you'll get dry sockets which is extremely painful because the holes start to cave in.

+1 ! i think when i got my left side top and bottom taken out i was out of the gym for 1 day, wish was my off from the gym anyways...maybe stay away from single max effort lifts for a few days and you be ok...

Brian999
07-09-2009, 10:38 PM
As for the legs thing, I think I shaved my upper thighs with my knife so I could see the stretchmarks better:)

Good to know Im not the only one with stretch marks on my thighs:redface:

To the OP I had my wisdome teeth removed and took 1 week off from training, and when I went back I didn't go too heavy because I didn't want to risk popping the stiches. Just relax in bed, and buy a lot of soup, because I was forced to only drink soup after the surgery.

Adrian101
07-13-2009, 07:43 AM
Take the day off trust me your face will swell guarantee you if you irritate it in anyway. I'm getting my third tooth extracted tommorow myself. You're lucky to not have any swelling. My face is okay for the first day and then the days after that are horrible. Idk why..I use an ice pack and everything. sigh..

Detard
07-13-2009, 09:20 AM
Honestly, just take a day or 2 off. An increase in blood pressure will probably make it start bleeding. IF you have to, just keep it light, why risk it?

TremL96
07-13-2009, 04:23 PM
Mmm I get to get my done here soon... and I'm only 15 on the 21st... most people I know are like 17+ when theirs are removed. I had metal ***** in my mouth from 1st grade all the way up to end of 7th grade (well still have one piece, but I even forget I got it... behind lower teeth, in the center, just one wire). I had braces for four years. I'd like to think I could handle eating solids. I remember first time I got my braces on, I tried to eat steak later that day... boy was that a stupid thought. I'm used to sore teeth by now though.

To the OP, I'd probably lay off it for a week (just for the break, a few days would probably do). This has pretty much been answered repeatedly.