PDA

View Full Version : Taste prefrence for Nitrean

J.M.G
07-09-2009, 07:27 PM
First let start by saying that At Large Nutrition has shown great customer service in my case do to an order processing problem, so thumbs up for that. I ordered Nitrean from them cause I had seen so much on how well it tasted and mixed but from what proteins Ive tried this has got to be the worst tasting stuff Ive had. I got the 4.6 of the chocolate and right now I dont know if I can make it through it. I just tried adding chocolate syrup to it but it aint helping much. I swear the taste reminds me of something stale. Did I just choose the worst flavor or what?

chris mason
07-09-2009, 08:39 PM
Hmmm, chocolate is our best seller and considered by nearly all to be quite good, so:

a) You have gotten a batch where the flavoring was somehow screwed up.
b) You have unusual taste. It is true that with flavoring you simply cannot please 100% of the population.

Joe Black
07-10-2009, 01:18 AM
First of all, are you using water or milk? Consider using milk if you are using water.

How much liquid are you adding? I tend to use as little as possible as I prefer the taste to be a little stronger - more liquid tends to dillute the taste,

J.M.G
07-10-2009, 08:53 AM
First of all, are you using water or milk? Consider using milk if you are using water.

How much liquid are you adding? I tend to use as little as possible as I prefer the taste to be a little stronger - more liquid tends to dillute the taste,

I mixed it exactly like it said, Ive tried both milk and water. Im going to get some whole milk today and see how it is. I though it could be a bad batch but Ive tried it out of both containers. I think I have pretty good taste, theres not been any protien that I could just not drink and get by but this is tough.

chris mason
07-10-2009, 04:11 PM
J.M.G., it is possible you just don't like the taste, but that WOULD most definitely mark you as unique. We have thousands upon thousands of customers who either like or LOVE the taste of chocolate Nitrean. In fact, you may be one of a handful of people who have ever stated it was bad. That is not something negative about you, it just is what it is.

J.M.G
07-10-2009, 06:57 PM
J.M.G., it is possible you just don't like the taste, but that WOULD most definitely mark you as unique. We have thousands upon thousands of customers who either like or LOVE the taste of chocolate Nitrean. In fact, you may be one of a handful of people who have ever stated it was bad. That is not something negative about you, it just is what it is.

Dont take offense to this thread, Im not trying to knock the product, I purchased it because of the great reviews Ive read. Ive tried probably 8 or so diffrent protein powders and sorry to say I have never had any trouble finishing off a container, the worst thing untill this was "Up Your Mass" that they sell at GNC and I only got a small thing of it to get me by till this came(cheap). I opened the other can to see if it smelled the same but didnt taste it. I think Ill try some out of it to see if maybe it was just a bad batch. I was talking with some folks today about it and I swear to me the best comparison I can come up with is it taste like stale bread. Maybe its me but this just doesnt taste like chocolate.

ELmx479
07-10-2009, 07:01 PM
I like the chocolate but I have to put the water or milk in the freezer for about 15 mins then throw 2 scoops in and shake it up. MUCH better really cold with some ice chunks imo.