PDA

View Full Version : Pre and post workout supplements?

Yamar
07-10-2009, 05:04 PM
Being that I am limited on time I am seeking a convenient way to get a pre and post workout meal. I have done some research on some products and ALN seems to be what I am looking for. Good quality for a decent price.

I am thinking Nitrean pre-workout and Opticen post workout but I'm not sure. Do I need some carbs in the pre-workout meal? If that's the case should I just go with Opticen both pre and post? In the description on ALN website Opticen is pitched as a post workout meal replacment only so I'm not sure. Can I just down a banana with Nitrean or what?

Thanks in advance for replies.

Travis Bell
07-10-2009, 06:41 PM
If it were me, I'd probably do the Nitrean and a bannana pre workout, but you might take a look at Maximus as well for comparison

Opticen is perfect for post workout. I use it religiously and feel it makes a huge difference in my recovery ability. So I'd probably keep the Opticen post workout

Yamar
07-10-2009, 08:03 PM
Thanks,

I didn't even consider maximus. At my current size a half of serving will do so I can stretch that for 40 workouts.

For post workout what would be the difference between taking Opticen or just taking Nitrean and adding some simple carbs like honey; maybe throwing in some flax seed? Everyone seems to swear by Opticen. Is it not the same exact protein that is in Nitrean?