PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Recommendations on a website or application to track diet

geoffgarcia
07-11-2009, 03:36 PM
I've been an enormous fan of dietorganizer.com 's application in the past, but have taken a few years off from exercise following an automobile accident, several moves, and a few lame excuses centered around lazyness.

What other applications or websites are out there? And if they have a subscription or cost associated with them let me know if you know it!
Thanks,

All I need is the ability to enter what I've eaten and to track fat/carb/protein intake.
Ideally it would have some type of memory for custom foods (example: the specifics of the protein shake I take) so I don't have to enter them each time.
Also, it would be great if it had some kind of cut/paste so if I repeated eat the same things (such as pre/post shakes) it can be faster to enter.
Tracking weight would be nice, and having the ability to track exercise would be decent as well.

PS - anyone use the current version of dietorganizer.com and have any impressions of it?

VikingWarlord
07-11-2009, 03:46 PM
Fitday.com is all you need.

geoffgarcia
07-11-2009, 04:16 PM
Is there a way to copy/paste activity/food from one day to another or does it have to be manually entered each time?

VikingWarlord
07-11-2009, 04:24 PM
It has to be entered every day. It takes under 3 minutes to program an entire day.

geoffgarcia
07-11-2009, 06:41 PM
after ample messing I'm going to stick with dietorganizer.
The ability to copy and paste is not a make or break, but a nice bonus for those of us that eat similar daily diets.
The deal breaker is that I've found no way in fitday to enter a full recipe.
Having to enter 6 ingredients for a simple meal - each day - is a big PITA compared to dietorganizers ability to create custom recipes where you enter the ingredients once.

Unreal
07-12-2009, 07:44 AM
You can enter custom foods or meals into fitday.

geoffgarcia
07-12-2009, 10:13 AM
You can enter custom foods or meals into fitday.

yep, I entered a few custom foods, but must have missed how to enter a meal? How does one do that? I didn't see a way to add ingredients to a food?

twm
07-12-2009, 11:37 AM
you use a unit of that food in your "meal"

for instance, I am about to have 2 brats with some mustard

hot dog bun: 150 cals, quantity 2
brat: 350 cals, quantity 2
sum: 1000 cals

each item was entered as a custom food from the food label. other stuff like cheese, milk, flour, etc. you have to weigh them out in proportion to your required ingredient amount.

Unreal
07-12-2009, 02:27 PM
If you eat the same thing for breakfast every day, for example I eat 1 cup of oats with whey/pb then just add a custom food called "breakfast" or whatever and add that. Just add whatever as a custom food with the macros already added up.

geoffgarcia
07-12-2009, 04:56 PM
right that's what I thought.
Easy enough to sum up the parts to make a custom "food" I suppose.

bill
07-12-2009, 07:21 PM
Glad to see one of the old guys posting

geoffgarcia
07-13-2009, 12:55 AM
good to be back Bill:)
now if only I can keep these brittle bones and achey muscles from giving way on me!!!

dodgyant
07-14-2009, 03:17 PM
This fitday thing is brilliant - thanks a lot.