PDA

View Full Version : How does my fitday log look?

Girn26
07-12-2009, 12:21 AM
here is my log, as it stands there is way too much fat. I weigh 155 pounds so i think the fat should be around 70g. What should I remove and add to lower it? I have not added my whey protein shakes to the log yet incase your wondering. I was unable to find all natural peanut butter in the fitday directory.. so i just choose reduced fat peanut butter.. not sure if all natural has much less fat, as the one in the journal right now has 24g per 4 TB. im just worried if i remove some of the fatty items ill be loosing calories..my goal is to gain weight

http://www.fitday.com/fitness/PublicJournals.html?Owner=Girn26

VikingWarlord
07-12-2009, 12:31 AM
Create a new food and put in the peanut butter you have. Eat more protein.

Yamar
07-12-2009, 08:42 AM
I would switch to skim milk, low fat cottage cheese, grilled chicken breast non-coated, cut down to 2 tablespoons of penut butter and 1/4 cup of almonds. That should bring you to about 75 grams or .5 per/lb. replace the calories with protein- add a can of tuna and a protein shake.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
07-12-2009, 12:01 PM
I would switch to skim milk, low fat cottage cheese, grilled chicken breast non-coated, cut down to 2 tablespoons of penut butter and 1/4 cup of almonds. That should bring you to about 75 grams or .5 per/lb. replace the calories with protein- add a can of tuna and a protein shake.
I would never recommend skim milk ever. It's like watery hormone liquid without the nutrition.

twm
07-12-2009, 12:21 PM
organic skim ftw

Yamar
07-12-2009, 01:03 PM
I would never recommend skim milk ever. It's like watery hormone liquid without the nutrition.

Ohh *****! I have been drinking it for the past 20 years!! I thought it was just milk less the fat, no? What do you recomend 2% or whole?

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
07-12-2009, 02:36 PM
Ohh *****! I have been drinking it for the past 20 years!! I thought it was just milk less the fat, no? What do you recomend 2% or whole?
Generally it's said 2% is the healthiest, although people like whole milk for bulking, though I feel whole milk is a little too thick for my liking.

I mean if you like skim milk, drink it. It's not going to kill you.

Not sure if your initial reaction is sarcastic... either way... it's not a big deal... lol.

ncsuLuke
07-12-2009, 02:54 PM
Generally it's said 2% is the healthiest, although people like whole milk for bulking, though I feel whole milk is a little too thick for my liking.

Not sure if your initial reaction is sarcastic... either way... it's not a big deal... lol.

huh I never knew that...fine with me I like 2% much more than skim

Yamar
07-12-2009, 03:48 PM

Naw not being sarcastic at all. When I read the Macro's on skim milk vs whole milk the only different I notice is fat. Everything else is the same. You know a lot more than me so I trust what you are saying. The guy has an awful lot of fat in that diet. If it were me I would ditch the milk and keep the almonds and penut butter. Also, chicken breast only has 2 grams of fat so I don't know what his is coated with to make it 11 grams.....can't be good.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
07-12-2009, 03:55 PM
Naw not being sarcastic at all. When I read the Macro's on skim milk vs whole milk the only different I notice is fat. Everything else is the same. You know a lot more than me so I trust what you are saying. The guy has an awful lot of fat in that diet. If it were me I would ditch the milk and keep the almonds and penut butter. Also, chicken breast only has 2 grams of fat so I don't know what his is coated with to make it 11 grams.....can't be good.
I know what you're saying... maybe it's just a personal preference. Skim milk is like drinking soapy water to me. :p

He's trying to gain weight though... and fat has good calories.

Honestly though... your diet looks great, man. Maybe up the protein and carbs and lower the fat if you're concerned. But fat is responsible for the production of testosterone, among many other wonderful functions...

Don't make too big a deal of it. Fat is not evil.

Girn26
07-12-2009, 09:09 PM
i updated my log, the lactaid milk only comes in 2% as i am lactose intolerant so i have no choice but to drink that.. i have not added my protein shakes in there which I will add dextrose in, so my calories and protein will be higher.. anyways i removed the almonds because they contain lots of fat.. for a 1/4 its 17g of fat.. is there any nut that is low on fat?

Unreal
07-13-2009, 10:50 AM
Nuts are loaded with great good tasty fat. Why do you want low fat? 70g is the minimum you should be getting. More is not an issue. Excess fat does not make you fat. Excess calories do. As long as your calories are good then eat as much fat as you like.