PDA

View Full Version : APA Meet Report

Jeff Garvin
07-12-2009, 08:40 PM
Not really sure where to start since I had the worst night of my life before my meet on Saturday. I found out that my fiance has been cheating on me and I spent the whole night talking/yelling at her and throwing up. I got about 3 1/2 hours of sleep and lost about 6 pounds before my comp. I weighed 180 on Friday night and weighed in at 174 on Saturday.

Despite everything that happened I had an excellent meet. I hit a 15lb PR on my bench and at 25lb PR on my deadlift. I was very please with my performance. I made all 6 attempts (push/pull contest). Here is my YouTube page where you can see all my lifts. I didn't want to post 6 vids in this forum.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Droll6683#play/uploads/5/-c-nyrY8HOU

Thank you everyone from WBB for answering my question w/ training and supplements!

Pete22
07-12-2009, 09:00 PM
Sorry to hear about the personal issues, but great job at the meet. Congrats on the PRs. On an irrelevant point, that is probably the quietest meet I've ever heard, literally dead silence.

vdizenzo
07-12-2009, 11:37 PM
Damn Jeff, sorry about the girl and sorry about missing your meet. We had a guy who was going to compete and he backed out weeks ago due to a shoulder problem. I completely forgot you'd be there. For future reference please shoot me a pm or email a few days before you compete so I can make every effort to get there.

Great job fighting through adversity. I know it does not help much now, but the next girl is always better than the last. You'll find a great girl. In the meantime keep pounding the weights and hitting pr's.

Tim K
07-13-2009, 08:29 AM
That 430 lbs deadlift looked disturbingly easy. Excellent job staying focused at the meet. Much respect!

Was that a bit of a Freudian slip spelling Fiance as finance? You usually don't have to call them that until after you're married. (I know, probably spell check, but hoped to lighten the mood anyway.)

Shae
07-13-2009, 08:49 AM
Sorry to hear about your EX, but Congrats on a PR meet.

Jeff Garvin
07-13-2009, 08:54 AM
That 430 lbs deadlift looked disturbingly easy. Excellent job staying focused at the meet. Much respect!

Was that a bit of a Freudian slip spelling Fiance as finance? You usually don't have to call them that until after you're married. (I know, probably spell check, but hoped to lighten the mood anyway.)

Yeah, I probably could of done about 440-450lbs. Yea it was a spelling error. I'm still in a funk and I wanted to get my thread up. Thanks everyone again!!! :/

Tim K
07-13-2009, 09:07 AM
Yeah, I probably could of done about 440-450lbs. Yea it was a spelling error. I'm still in a funk and I wanted to get my thread up. Thanks everyone again!!! :/

I hate it for ya... Keep your chin up, keep SFW! Other than that, time is the only thing that will help. That and knowing you kicked some serious ass at your meet with every reason not to bother showing. :strong:

fulldaddy
07-13-2009, 11:09 AM
Great job at the meet Jeff and best wishes to you as you sort things out and move forward.

NASAKYCHAIRMAN
07-13-2009, 11:16 AM
Congratulations on your bp & dl pr!

Buccos1
07-13-2009, 12:15 PM
Great job overcoming adversity to PR at your meet!

Jeff Garvin
07-13-2009, 12:26 PM
I hate it for ya... Keep your chin up, keep SFW! Other than that, time is the only thing that will help. That and knowing you kicked some serious ass at your meet with every reason not to bother showing. :strong:

Yea, I almost didn't go because of the lack of sleep and the constant throwing up. My friends and family told me to do it cause of the hard work of training I had put into it the past 2 months. I'm very glad I did it and learn alot about myself and meet some new peopele. Thank you again for everyone taking the time to read this post.

MarcusWild
07-13-2009, 12:30 PM
Congrats on the PR's under less than ideal conditions.

Brian C
07-13-2009, 01:14 PM
Impressive pal when your in that state of mind. Very nice DL. Keep trucking:thumbup::thumbup:

Jeff Garvin
07-14-2009, 10:10 AM
Congrats on the PR's under less than ideal conditions.

Impressive pal when your in that state of mind. Very nice DL. Keep trucking:thumbup::thumbup:

Thank you! I guess when you put your mind to something you can do anything!

killxswitch
07-14-2009, 12:11 PM
Congrats on your meet PRs in the midst of a bad situation.

BFGUITAR
07-14-2009, 01:12 PM
Not really sure where to start since I had the worst night of my life before my meet on Saturday. I found out that my fiance has been cheating on me and I spent the whole night talking/yelling at her and throwing up. I got about 3 1/2 hours of sleep and lost about 6 pounds before my comp. I weighed 180 on Friday night and weighed in at 174 on Saturday.

Despite everything that happened I had an excellent meet. I hit a 15lb PR on my bench and at 25lb PR on my deadlift. I was very please with my performance. I made all 6 attempts (push/pull contest). Here is my YouTube page where you can see all my lifts. I didn't want to post 6 vids in this forum.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Droll6683#play/uploads/5/-c-nyrY8HOU

Thank you everyone from WBB for answering my question w/ training and supplements!

Wow, that's tough news man. Good lifts despite the personal issues. I hope all goes well.